Can anyone believe we are in February already? So I learned a random fact about the month of February... Apparently, the day after Valentine's Day, gym memberships drop to their lowest rate all year and fast food consumption skyrockets. I guess between burning themselves out the month before and being depressed from the dreariness of winter (and maybe being single on the Hallmark holiday) we all take a nosedive on our goals. Well, stay strong, friends! It's a short month and spring is just around the corner!
My goals for January. Let's see how I did...
Eat clean and gluten-freeI ate 99% clean and gluten-free - the best I've done yet! Stick to my editorial calendar for the monthYes! I posted a total of twenty-one articles on the blog last month. Read twelve books for my reading challengesI read twelve books in January, which is pretty good because I didn't start reading until the second week of the month. :) Devote two hours a week to something creativeCheck! I spent two hours a week painting, knitting and taking photos. Complete the January Bible-in-a-year sectionComplete. On to February! Complete four Bible journaling entriesI did four pages in my journaling Bible and they will be making an appearance on Instagram soon. Stay tuned! Read sixty articles I've pinned on PinterestYeah! In fact, I've actually whittled my "to-read" Pinterest board down to less than a hundred articles. I'd like to try to get those out of there by the end of this month. Check one item off my 101 in 1001 listAfter working on this project for a few months, I finally check off #10, organizing my print and digital photos. I ended up digitizing all my photographs and they are all archived in detailed folders. That is a huge task off my list!
- List some jewelry pieces on Etsy After giving this one some thought, I decided to skip trying to sell any of my pieces right now. I did donate all my supplies to a friend who will use them in her Girl Scout troop and am working to close up that business. It's not something I enjoy doing anymore and I want to focus on things that bring me joy.
Develop a recipe for the cookbookYes! I did create a recipe (hot chocolate truffles) although I don't know if it will fit in the cookbook, but they were tasty all the same. :) Write two freelance articlesI managed to knock off two posts on one of the freelance sites I write for. I love being able to write and find my voice in different arenas and will continue this goal. Host one guest post on ASGI asked my dear friend, Kayla, to stop by and share one of her Bible journaling posts and she agreed! I'm so happy she did! I'm also working on a fun guest posting series coming up, so look out for that!
February Bible Verse
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."
- Hebrews 13:16
SHARE action: share my time with someone
And my goals for February...
- Eat clean and gluten-free
- Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
- Read twelve books for my reading challenge (including one from the BTU list and one I loved as a child)
- Devote two hours a week to something creative
- Complete the February Bible-in-a-year section
- Complete three Bible journaling entries
- Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest
- Check off one item on my 101 in 1001 list
- Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest
- Write two freelance articles
- Start the 60 Days of Yoga challenge
- Attempt to regulate my circadian rhythm
What goals did you set for yourself this month?