Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Monthly Reflections | February

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections




I don't know about you but February felt like it both flew by and was the longest month on record, all at the same time. I say this because I spent most of the month in bed, sleeping away the flu and while the illness never seemed to end, it feels like yesterday when I wrote my last reflections post. Nevertheless, here we are.

My verse of the month: "Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God." - Hebrews 13:16 ESV

My SHARE action this month: Share my time with someone. Although I did spend some time at the beginning of the month mentoring a friend who is a new blogger, I didn't get to devote as much time to this as I would have liked.

Lately, I've been...

Listening: Ed Sheeran's Shape of You. This might be my song of 2017. Also, can we talk about Matt Steffanina's choreography to it?? #amazeballs
Making:  all the hot tea.
Cooking:  not a damn thing. Next month I'll get back in the kitchen.
Drinking:  water. That's a given.
Reading:  lots of books by and about people of color in honor of Black History Month.
Wanting:  an internet connection that doesn't crap out every half hour. 
Looking:  forward to cherry blossom season.
Playing:  with Snapchat filters.
Wasting:  tissues, both because of the sickies but also because I've been irrationally emotional the last several weeks.
Wishing:  I could sign on Facebook and the first ten posts I see NOT be people selling stuff or recruiting for their MLM opportunities. Can we go back to being social please??
Creating: some things that may or may not end up in an Etsy shop in the near future.
Enjoying:  snuggle time.
Waiting:  always. I feel like I've been stuck in a season of waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Liking:  the Need It Nude palette from e.l.f. Only $10!
Eating:  soup and Italian ice are the best on a sore throat.
Wondering:  if this head of mine will ever work like it should.
Loving:  my new Dr. Seuss bookmark collection I recently got from the Target dollar spot. Nostalgia at it's best.
Hoping:  for good things.
Missing:  how things were a few months ago.
Writing:  lists, and lots of them.
Needing:  a bubble bath.
Photographing: spring in bloom. Check out my Instagram where I'll be sharing all the images.
Smelling:  patchouli, likely from all the essential oils I've been bathing in.
Wearing:  top knots. My hair will probably start sticking in that position soon.
Following:  April the giraffe. Is this poor girl really pregnant?
Noticing:  an old friend has reappeared. I wonder if they will make contact. 
Watching:  The West Wing, non-stop.
Knowing:  the tables will turn.
Craving:  Easter candy: peanut butter eggs, Brach's jelly beans, and Cadbury chocolate truffle eggs.
Working:  on mindfulness and self-compassion. 
Thinking:  about mortality. You know me, keepin' it real.
Bookmarking:  TEDx talks. There's so much wisdom out there.
Opening:  new books. Big reading goals in March and I can't wait to get started!
Feeling:  content.

What have you been up to in February?

The post Monthly Reflections | February first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

10 comments:

  1. Ok I love the idea of a Dr Sues bookmark collection. Also, I love the idea of documenting a month like this. How fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss is one of my faves. In fact, tomorrow is Read Across America Day, also known as Dr. Seuss Day. :) Thanks for stopping by Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Currently posts :) They are always my favorites!

    I'm so sorry to hear you have been feeling sick :( I had that last month, too. I can't even tell you how many boxes of tissues I went through.

    ALSO OMG THAT ED SHEERHAN (sp?) CHOREOGRAPHY! That's incredible. Is that the guy (Philip something or other? Chbeeb?? wow, I'm totally screwing up spelling everywhere. Anyway, that video is amazing--thanks for sharing!

    Peanut butter eggs for the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the germs have been horrible this year! Yes, that is Philip Chbeeb in the video. He's crazy talented! Thanks for stopping by to say hello, Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the verse of the month. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It was very encouraging to me last month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmm...let's just talk about how much I love Ed Sheeran for a bit... ;) also, wish I could move like them in the video...sheesh!!! And, what in the world is April the Giraffe all about? I keep seeing memes but I just don't get it. I'm behind the times, I guess. Hoping March is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Shape of You is my 2017 song too!!!

    -Kiara
    www.viaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, April is a pregnant giraffe from the Animal Adventure Park in upstate NY. She has been on a live webcam for nearly the last two weeks because she is due any day now but the vets at AAP are now saying they might have miscalculated her due date. The world is in chaos because of this and people are actually losing sleep and not doing their jobs because they are addicted to watching this live stream. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete