Hey, friends. I've literally been in bed since Saturday with flu-like symptoms, so I'm going to keep this short and to the point. I had planned to unplug and enjoy a weekend away, but sometimes life throws us curveballs and that's exactly what it did.
Even though I'm feeling like crap, I still have a lot to be thankful for, so I'm going to focus on the good and will hopefully be feeling better soon.
This week, I'm grateful for:
- The sweetest, most caring guy around. When I woke up on Saturday morning with a high fever and feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, my love took such good care of me. He made me a mug of tea and got me to the hospital so I could get some fluids and a steroid treatment. I'm such a lucky girl to have a sweetheart like him in my life.
- New skincare products. This might not be a big deal to some but when a girl finds new products that make her skin look and feel amazing, it's newsworthy. What is this miracle potion, you ask? Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser! It's been around for generations and I used it when I was in college and now I'm wondering why I ever stopped. Baby smooth skin, y'all.
- Rainy Sundays. It was the perfect day to snuggle up in my sweats and warm covers and sleep the sickness away. There is something about the sound of rain that is so soothing.
- Introducing my nephew to playdough. The kids were over on Thursday morning and I whipped up some homemade playdough for them to enjoy. My nephew thought it was the best thing. I gave him some cookie cutters, a spatula, and a mason jar lid and he had so much fun rolling and smashing it and generally making a big mess. Thank goodness for quick and easy DIY recipes!
- Friends who know when I need a laugh. Just when I needed a pick-me-up, a friend randomly sent me the funniest photo and made me giggle. So thankful for these little moments of joy.
What are you grateful for today?