Monday, February 20, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 65

Sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog this morning! #gratitude #feelingthankful



It's been a little quiet around here because I was down for a solid week with the flu, but I finally started feeling more like myself this weekend. I am so glad to be back. The germs are brutal this year and I wouldn't wish them on an enemy. How have you all been the last week?

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Local, organic honey and big mugs of hot tea. These two things have been sustaining me for the last week, keeping my throat from feeling like sandpaper and helping me breathe. I'm lucky to live in an area that is bountiful in honey bees.
  • Signs of spring. I got some time outside with my camera on Sunday and noticed we have lots of trees in bud and flower bulbs poking through the dirt. With temps in the low 70's, it sure does feel like winter is behind us.
  • Online streaming of The West Wing. I've been binge-watching my favorite show of all time and it has made me so happy. I admit I've watched the full series so much, I have large portions of it memorized, but it's educational so that's not a bad thing, right?
  • A special friend who has a birthday this week. This guy is one of my best friends and helped me survive my long and painful divorce. I don't know where I would be without him and I am blessed to have him in my life.
  • My nephew, who turned two this week. This little boy is the light of my life. Whenever I see him, he always makes me laugh with his shenanigans. So thankful for this kid!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 65 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't the sickies this year painful. I was flat on my back with a massive head cold for a week and finally recuperated after 15 days. I am glad you are feeling better!
    And isn't true honey amazing! I have relatives that bee-keep and they send me honey. I am super bummed because I am almost out now that my sickies are over. Time to call the fam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the germs have been terrible this year! You are so lucky to have beekeepers in the family! I'd love to be able to access honey like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its kind of nice. Our local boys and girls club also cultivates honey and "runs" a garden in the summer so I can get honey from them also. As long as I support something local versus processed and pasturized honey, bleh 😉

    ReplyDelete