Thursday, March 16, 2017

If You and I Had Coffee | vol 10

 A conversation over coffee #coffeedates - If You and I Had Coffee | vol 10 - A Simpler Grace



If you and I had coffee...

We'd meet up at the local coffee bar and order a couple of brews with whiskey and Irish cream in them, in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I'd tell you that Daylight Savings Time has been kicking my butt all week. Not that I've been more tired (I'm always tired) but having daylight later in the day throws my schedule all off. Not to mention ending last week with summer-like temperatures and getting six inches of snow earlier this week. I. Can't. Even.


If you and I had coffee...

I'd ask you what you were reading. I'd tell you that I just finished reading The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and it was SO GOOD. Like, I need to read everything she's ever written, good. I'd also tell you that I was excited to read that the book is being scripted for an upcoming movie. I really need this to be true.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd tell you that I've recently noticed that my handwriting changes with my mood. I remember this being the case when I was in high school, where I'd switch between really pretty, slanted cursive to round, bubbly letters to small all-uppercase printing. My handwriting is a tricky thing. I can mimic others' handwriting and forge signatures pretty well, so I'm pretty sure I'd be a graphologist's worst nightmare. Of course, I'd follow this up by asking you what one of your funny or strange quirks is.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd tell you that lately, my heart and my brain have been having an epic battle on a particular subject. My heart tells me to do one thing but my brain tells me (screaming) to run in the other direction, and which one do you listen to? It's one of those times when you can't listen to your instincts because you don't know which part of your body instinct comes from. I'd ask you if you have ever struggled with something like this and what advice you could offer me because I sure am lost for ideas.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd tell you that I've been using ASMR or autonomous sensory meridian response (I talk more about what this is in this gratitude post) to sleep at night and I think I'm addicted! I have not been able to sleep without it. I'm starting to wonder if they have support groups for such a thing, but I don't think it's harmful to my health, so... Truth be told, I don't normally sleep more than two or three hours in a night and since I've started this "therapy" again, I'm able to knock out at least six. I'm calling it a win.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd tell you how excited I am to start writing outside of ASG with some upcoming guest posts and freelance work and that I can't wait to branch out even more. Writing is my life and I love to stretch outside of my comfort zone and write in other formats. I adore my little home here but I want to share with more people and the only way to do that is to broaden my reach!

If you and I had coffee...

We'd finish the last sips of our Irish coffees and head for the door, promising to catch up again next month. Hopefully, by then, Mother Nature will have made up her mind about what season we are in!


What would you like to chat about over coffee?

Today, I'm joining Erin for a monthly coffee date linkup. Every second week of the month, we gather together with our favorite hot beverages and catch up. Care to join us?

The post If You and I Had Coffee | vol 10 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

40 comments:

  1. I love this!!! It's 2am where I am right now and I don't normally post on Thursday's but I really love this and I have a lot to say. So why not? Thanks for sharing and Im excited to keep reading your blog! XO! I'd love to get virtual coffee sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changeable handwriting skill actually sounds pretty awesome! I don't drink any sort of coffee...yeah, one of those odd people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such creative writing! If you and I had coffee we would discuss the flowers in bloom (where I am) and upcoming trips. Love this!

    laceedoeslife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get you on the handwriting thing. Mine changes as well tho I would never admit to being able to forge signatures 😉
    And the head versus the heart... I know alot of times when this has been my exact situation. And I can say each time I have gone 💟 I wish I had gone head. There has never been a time for me when I wished my head had followed my heart. So if something in you is screaming to run away, I would. But that is me, and I have lived many lessons and have grown from each.
    And DLS has totally thrown me for a loop as well! Good luck navigating the next few!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, i'm normally a tea drinker, so I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for all the spring flowers to bloom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I never forged signatures illegally. I used to work in a doctor's office and we'd have to "sign" for the doctors when they forgot to sign school forms, etc. And great advice about the head/heart thing. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post! I love a good Irish coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to have coffee with you based on this post! We'd probably have a lot in common and have a great time!! :)

    Sincerely Miss J
    www.sincerelymissj.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm.... I don't know that my handwriting changes with my mood, but it changes depending on my anxious I am. Or how stressed. Or how tired? Okay maybe that's the same thing?

    Please lets have a few Irish coffees... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the heart to heart! Chatting over coffee or a glass of wine would be my favorite ways to do so. I hear ya on the head over heart thing. In my experience, if you're battling over the decision this much already, it's because there's something that doesn't sit well with you. Figure out what that is, why it's causing you to second guess, and decide if it's something you should continue to pursue.

    Meaghan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love that! Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice! Thanks for coming by, Meaghan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotMarch 16, 2017 at 11:15 AM

    Thanks for the book recommendation! I'm just finishing This Is How It Always is: A Novel and love it. I'll be looking for another book to read very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that sounds like an interesting book. I might have to pick that one up! Thanks Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these types of posts. I need to check that book out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love posts like this!
    If we had coffee, I'd have to get an herbal tea since I've hit my caffeine capacity for the day LOL this dang pregnancy!
    Then I'd tell you I'm going to Barnes and Noble with my kids tomorrow to pick out some books. I just got done reading Carrie Fisher's (RIP) Princess Diarist Book. It was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ASMR...I am intrigued. I don't sleep well most of the time, so I am definitely going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Herbal tea sounds great to me! And I want to read Carrie Fisher's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome, Laurisa! Thanks for coming by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your coffee dates posts! I would agree with you that Mother Nature is a beast these past two weeks. I am visiting family on the East Coast and I can't wait to be back in San Diego. I would also let you know that I have vowed to finish reading The Deathly Hallows (I started years ago and never finished) this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think we are all wishing for a little San Diego weather right now! And way to go for trying to finish the book! It's tough when you put books down and get distracted with life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmm Irish Coffee sounds delicious! I like the sound of ASMR - I know a few other people who have trouble with sleeping, so I'll have to take a look at your post and find out a bit more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Irish coffees are delicious! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooooh, my handwriting has gotten SOOOO bad over the years! I always say it's because I type more than write these days, but who knows lol...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I agree! We can ALL blame poor penmanship on technology these days. Very rarely are we required to physically write anything because it's easier and more efficient to type. Thanks for stopping by to read, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha, I didn't realize other people's handwriting did weird things like mine does! If I write a sentence that has two "y"s in it, they will often look different. One will have a straight tail, and the other with have a swirly tail as if it were in cursive. I have no idea why that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha, I love it! Guess there are a few of us who do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've always thought my handwriting changed slightly depending on the day, my mood, etc! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We need a club for all of us who change our handwriting! :) Happy Friday to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Omg this is just so amazing! I could literally picture us having coffee. My handwriting changes too. I never really have the same signature especially dont know why but it just changes on mood.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think it would be fun to have coffee together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. I totally feel like my handwriting changes! I personally don't like my handwriting but I get compliments on it all the time lol

    Love,
    Ivelisse | CarnationDreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's so funny! Thanks for stopping by Ivelisse!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just love these types of post so much. The weather here has been absolutely nuts too. Day Light Savings is also kicking my butt. For some reason I feel like the evenings are going even faster than they were before. That Irish coffee sounds perfect right now.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yeah, my sense of time is majorly flawed right now. Between Daylight Savings and the crazy weather, I feel like I'm on a seesaw.

    ReplyDelete