Friday, March 31, 2017

Monthly Reflections | March

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections



Does anyone else dislike the feeling of microfiber fabric on their skin? To me, it feels like what you'd think a cat would feel if you pet them backward, from the tail to the head. I bring this up because I washed my hair about six hours ago and it's still dripping wet. (My hair is super thick and long and I don't like to use heat tools.) I was just Googling those "turbie towels" that you saw on the infomercials a decade or more ago and was disappointed when I found out they are microfiber. Guess I'll stick with drippy hair.

I'm in a weird mood, guys.

My verse of the month: "And He answered them, 'Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.'" - Luke 3:11 (ESV)

My SHARE action this month: Cook or share a meal with someone. I was able to cook a meal for my entire family last weekend. Plus, I made not one, but TWO birthday cakes for two of my siblings that have March birthdays. 

Lately, I've been...

Listening: this amazingly soulful song from Kaleo: Way Down We Go.
Making:  time for self-care.
Cooking:  flounder. The pesca- part of this -tarian is a happy girl.
Drinking:  no alcohol next month for the 28 day reset challenge!
Reading:  so much! I have so many books to review for publishers.
Wanting:  the man to come back home. Next week...
Looking:  through old photos of my family. 
Playing:  mahjong, sudoku and freecell. Yes, I'm a nerd.
Wasting:  tea. Twice just this week, I've made a mug of tea and forgot about it.
Wishing:  praying for a good friend's newborn baby who is fighting for her life right now.
Creating: fun pages in my journaling Bible.
Enjoying:  sleeping in. It still counts when you don't go to bed until 5 a.m., right?
Waiting:  for answers.
Liking:  where new opportunities are taking me right now.
Eating:  Brach's jelly beans. It isn't Easter time unless I have a bag (or two) of them. 
Wondering:  what percentage of people enjoy licorice jelly beans... (tell me if you do in the comments below!)
Loving:  this dog.
Hoping:  I find all the books on my list when my brother and I go to the used bookstore this weekend. #soexcited
Missing:  my brother.
Writing:  poetry. Well, I'm not really writing it. More like blacking out the words that AREN'T poetry.
Needing:  a massage and a haircut.
Photographing: pretty spring flowers.
Smelling:  permanent marker. (see writing, above)
Wearing:  all the clothes. Our weather is bouncing between winter and summer and my wardrobe is getting confused.
Following:  Roxane Gay on Twitter. She delivers all the laughs. Her sarcasm is utterly perfect.
Noticing:  our government is a sinking ship, and they're taking us all down with 'em.
Watching:  Heather Feather. :D
Knowing:  I should probably be working instead of looking through Pinterest for cool haircut ideas.
Craving:  Mexican food.
Working:  on a new guest post series... More to come.
Thinking:  frequently
Bookmarking:  peanut butter egg recipes. I've been commissioned to lay them for the family Easter gathering.
Opening:  new doors. Closing others.
Feeling:  apprehensive. April is a tough month for my family, y'all. 


What have you been up to in March?

The post Monthly Reflections | March first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Black jellybeans are what I live for. They even make whole bags of them.
    I hopped over to why April is hard and the missing your brother-I will pray for your family this month. I canno even imagine but the silver lining is the 46 people that he was a lifesaver to. Bless you all this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black jelly beans are really good! Thank you so much for coming by to read and for your sweet words about my brother. Hope you have a great week, Brittany! :)

    ReplyDelete