"We are doing ourselves no favors when we look to the crowd to tell us where we are." - Erin Loechner
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Sunday fun day with the family. The gang got together for a cookout this weekend and we had a blast talking and laughing and eating. OMG, eating! SO. MUCH. FOOD. I spent all day in the kitchen prepping and cooking and boy, was I exhausted, but it was all worth it when there was barely a morsel left over. That's always a good feeling.
- Silly laughs with the one I love. I spent the earlier part of the weekend with my love and can I just say that he knows that laughing is one of my love languages? He had me rolling on the floor with belly laughs the whole time. I definitely needed it and felt like it reset my mood a bit. I'm such a lucky girl.
- Blossoming trees. The cherry, pear and dogwood trees are already starting to blossom - ahead of schedule - and they are so beautiful.
- Roxane Gay. If you don't know who this woman is, you should. I've been reading her books and watching her on various panels and she is such an inspiration. She is a feminist but also a realist and she has the dryest, most sarcastic sense of humor. She can take real social issues that might seem light years away from your own situation and make them applicable to every woman and she does it while both making you cry and laugh at the same time. I feel like she could be my spirit sister.
- The Kindle WordRunner app. Speed-reading for the win.
What are you grateful for today?