Monday, March 06, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 67

 Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog  #gratitude #feelingthankful



"We are doing ourselves no favors when we look to the crowd to tell us where we are." - Erin Loechner

I don't know what it is, but I woke up this morning feeling empowered and inspired and ready to take on the week. Maybe I should say I spent all Sunday watching feminism panels and TEDx talks on YouTube. Maybe I should also say that I'm reading some pretty amazing books by some pretty powerful female authors. Maybe I should just say that I'm finally feeling like I'm back in the groove again and I'm ready to kick some Monday butt. Let's do this thing.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Sunday fun day with the family. The gang got together for a cookout this weekend and we had a blast talking and laughing and eating. OMG, eating! SO. MUCH. FOOD. I spent all day in the kitchen prepping and cooking and boy, was I exhausted, but it was all worth it when there was barely a morsel left over. That's always a good feeling.
  • Silly laughs with the one I love. I spent the earlier part of the weekend with my love and can I just say that he knows that laughing is one of my love languages? He had me rolling on the floor with belly laughs the whole time. I definitely needed it and felt like it reset my mood a bit. I'm such a lucky girl.
  • Blossoming trees. The cherry, pear and dogwood trees are already starting to blossom - ahead of schedule - and they are so beautiful.
  • Roxane Gay. If you don't know who this woman is, you should. I've been reading her books and watching her on various panels and she is such an inspiration. She is a feminist but also a realist and she has the dryest, most sarcastic sense of humor. She can take real social issues that might seem light years away from your own situation and make them applicable to every woman and she does it while both making you cry and laugh at the same time. I feel like she could be my spirit sister.
  • The Kindle WordRunner app. Speed-reading for the win.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 67 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

26 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for the signs of spring too! I feel like, as a California girl in eastern TN, the cold is hard to adjust to. I'm just so ready for the flowers to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time to spend the weekend. Spending time with our loves is always the best. I love Ted talks, most of them are inspirational

    www.aprilwashere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you guys have gotten this down there, but the weather keeps swinging between 70 degree days then back to freezing. I need spring to get here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a lovely weekend. I hope yours was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you had an ahMazing weekend for sure. I spent mine doing a lot of work that I absolutely love. When I wasn't working I was hanging with my wife and we also got together with friends twice. What a lovely way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds like perfection. We did a lot of relaxing and laughing. The boys spent time with their Grandma and Grandpa and that is always a win for them. I am so glad that they are not only close but that they are so active in our lives and love spending time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Work can be a good way to spend the weekend if you enjoy what you do! Sounds like you had a great weekend too. Thanks for stopping by today, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good to have grandparents around when you are growing up. What a blessing to have them close!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Blooming trees?! Holy cow, I can't believe it! It's still pretty chilly here, we won't have blooming trees for at least a couple of weeks. I can't wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to look up Roxane Gay, I don't think I know her work! I'm so grateful for my Sunday, too! I went to 2 yoga classes, a great run outside, got my weekly prep done and had a great convo with a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, blooming trees already and now they are calling for 5+ inches of snow this weekend. Spring cannot get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your willpower, Katie! I struggle to get my workouts in on the weekend because I'm busy and would rather focus on other things. Conversations with friends are always a win! Thanks for coming by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love posts like this. I really need to take stock of things IM grateful for more

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to check out Roxanne Gay, I love finding new authors especially if they rock. Oh a cookout sounds awesome! I really enjoy nights laughing with the boyfriend,he is crazy and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always good to reflect on the things we are blessed with. Thanks for coming by today, Neely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Night laughs are the best! Thanks for stopping by, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love getting together with a big group of people and sharing a meal together. There is something so powerful about the connection with food and people.
    I'm so thankful that I have had time today to get through my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're right, Megan! Food and fellowship is always a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh!! Love blossoming trees. ONe of my best friends is headed for Japan to see the cheery blossoms in full bloom. Your Sunday Funday sounds like perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotMarch 7, 2017 at 6:43 AM

    I need to check out that app! Sounds like you had an amazing weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your friend is so lucky, Jessica! I've heard there is no better place to see the cherry blossoms than Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a great app if you enjoy learning how to speed read. Thanks for stopping by, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my little ones and my husband. How could I be so lucky to have them?

    ReplyDelete
  24. My family! They are my everything!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a great thing to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete