Monday, March 13, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 68

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog  #gratitude #feelingthankful


"Enjoy the little things in life because one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." - Kurt Vonnegut

Good morning and happy Monday!

...or perhaps it's only happy now that you've had your first cup of coffee. Whatever the case may be, I hope you remember to take some time today to think about the little things you are grateful for. These are the moments that make up our lives!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Pie. I'm working on an ad campaign for a big pie company for National Pi Day (see tomorrow's post) and I got some free pie out of it. Can't beat that!
  • Playtime for aunt Lecy. I kept my niece and nephew for my sister this weekend while she worked and we had a blast together. My nephew has recently discovered the joy of playdough and making "snakes" out of it. I may have strained my voice a little from all the fake screams of terror I had to produce. It's all worth it to hear those little belly laughs.
  • Good books. This week has been filled with so many good books. I'm finally making my way through Lara Casey's Make It Happen (I've been reading it for over a year and taking my time) and it is gold.
  • Snuggles and laughs with the man. You guys know I love my time with the man of my dreams. Forever grateful to have him in my life.
  • Time to buckle down and get things done. Here, in the middle of March, we are expecting a blizzard this evening and all day tomorrow. We've had no more than a few inches all year and they are calling for over a foot. I'm not looking forward to the snow AT ALL, except that it will allow me time to shut myself in, bust out some work and complete some projects. Also, the man really likes snow, so anything to make him happy, right?

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 68 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

19 comments:

  1. I am grateful for my family, my health, and my friends. I am also thankful for my life. Love your post and sharing what you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for my dd who is 27 yrs old today. And for my son who will be going off to college in August. To God for allowing the series of miracles that lead to my drs discovering my cancer while it was still operable. Just for starters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single item in your list! And I love the mindset to be grateful for each little thing (as they add up to the big). Inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely got hit with a snow storm here too. It's technically still winter so I'm not letting it get to me, though I am very much looking forward to spring. With that said, today I am so grateful for the heating pad that I keep in my desk drawer. haha! We're not allowed space heaters and my office is FREEZING so this little heating pad helps keep me from shivering to death at work. It's just a nice little comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for pie! A good peanut butter pie is my fave! Always nice to be grateful for the little things in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of stupid excited for this snow storm, too. I dunno why, especially since I feel like it makes people completely nutso, right??

    Anyway... free pie?! Where do I sign up?? :)

    Hope you had a great week, and that you have everything you need for the next few days! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to these things! Way to go for finding your silver linings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right! The little things do add up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cold offices are the worst! I used to work in one and could never stay warm and it made it difficult to concentrate on my duties. Hope things warm up for you soon, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut butter pie is one of my love languages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What bothers me most about these snowstorms is the crazy drivers! I have a family full of emergency personnel (EMTs, trauma nurse, snowplow drivers) that have to be on the roads to do their jobs and these nuts who get out there and cause accidents.

    And yes, free pie for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah! National pie day!! So fun! Can't wait to see your post. Sounds like you had a fun weekend and lots to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I understand that :( I'm actually just thinking about my mom who worked the overnight shift (she's a nurse).. I always hate when she's on the road in this kind of weather--especially with all the nuts out. Hope everyone in your family is safe and sound <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was grateful for the flurries this morning! We did NOT get as much snow as I was expecting this year and I was a little disappointed by it! It was so beautiful this morning - watching it flurry from my window <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. We got about 7 inches, but luckily, it melted down pretty quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete