"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent Van Gogh
I woke up today and felt motivated. This does not happen very often, especially on Mondays, but I'm going to take advantage of it. With a big mug of tea in hand, I'm going to conquer the world. (At least I feel like I could.)
This week, I'm grateful for:
- My kalanchoe plant is trying to bloom! My love gave me the most beautiful flowering succulent last summer (you can see it in full bloom here) and apparently, it's pretty difficult to get them to bloom a second time if they are not in their native climate. I've been working hard to take such good care of it and just this last week, it's started to grown quickly and sprout little buds that I hope will be more flowers. I'm so excited!
- Weekly goals. I set monthly goals here on the blog, but this week, I'm setting a few mini ones as well. Since it's finally warming up after the recent snow storm, I want to get outside and go for a walk with my camera every day. I'm also scheduling in two writing intensive days this week. That means I'm shutting off my ringer and notifications and writing all day long.
- Quiet morning yoga and meditation. I've been doing some meditation and a quiet yoga flow every day when I wake up and it has helped me cope with stress lately. This is one routine I will definitely keep going.
- Weekends with the love. The man is flying out this week for a two-week trip, so we got to spend some time together before he leaves. I always enjoy every moment I have with him but this weekend, in particular, made my heart feel full.
- Cozy blankets. Never ever take the luxury of a soft, cozy blanket for granted. They are the best!
What are you grateful for today?