Monday, March 20, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 69

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent Van Gogh

I woke up today and felt motivated. This does not happen very often, especially on Mondays, but I'm going to take advantage of it. With a big mug of tea in hand, I'm going to conquer the world. (At least I feel like I could.)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My kalanchoe plant is trying to bloom! My love gave me the most beautiful flowering succulent last summer (you can see it in full bloom here) and apparently, it's pretty difficult to get them to bloom a second time if they are not in their native climate. I've been working hard to take such good care of it and just this last week, it's started to grown quickly and sprout little buds that I hope will be more flowers. I'm so excited!
  • Weekly goals. I set monthly goals here on the blog, but this week, I'm setting a few mini ones as well. Since it's finally warming up after the recent snow storm, I want to get outside and go for a walk with my camera every day. I'm also scheduling in two writing intensive days this week. That means I'm shutting off my ringer and notifications and writing all day long. 
  • Quiet morning yoga and meditation. I've been doing some meditation and a quiet yoga flow every day when I wake up and it has helped me cope with stress lately. This is one routine I will definitely keep going.
  • Weekends with the love. The man is flying out this week for a two-week trip, so we got to spend some time together before he leaves. I always enjoy every moment I have with him but this weekend, in particular, made my heart feel full.
  • Cozy blankets. Never ever take the luxury of a soft, cozy blanket for granted. They are the best!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 69 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

22 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm grateful for the start of Spring and warmer weather that's just around the corner. I'm also loving my plants too and spent some time this weekend transferring my succulents to bigger planters so they can keep thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful gratitude list! So many amazing things to be grateful for! Quality time for yourself doing yoga and meditation but also spending time with your man! And cozy blankets are truly the best!
    Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful list <3 I'm trying to get back into yoga/meditation... I actually recently downloaded an app called "Calm" that's helped me with the meditation since it sends me a gentle reminder each day to take 10.

    Also love your weekly goals! Sometimes it's nice to break things down in bite-sized chunks :) Hope you have a wonderful week! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. quite morning workoust are for sure something I am grateful for. Yay for baby naps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to start the week by reflecting on things you're grateful for! Definitely sets a good tone for a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also grateful for cozy blankets and Starbucks instant refreshers!! They are my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you keep a gratitude journal. I need to get back to mine. I also just started doing 5 day goals on my blog because its so hard to focus on many large ones at a time. This way I can use the small goals to get to my larger goals. Yoga is my stress relief too. I just need to get up earlier to get some in before my day starts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very blessed! Thanks for coming by to read, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to take a look at that app. It sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah! Take advantage of baby naps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think anything from Starbucks is my addiction! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five day goals is a great idea! Whatever helps you tackle the things that are important to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm grateful for quality time with mom today, followed by quality time watching a good friend's boys. they are adorable. :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are awesome things to be grateful for, Jenn! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cozy blankets for the win!
    i'm hoping to get back into meditation now that my son is back to school. It was March break last week and it threw our schedules right off - but in a good way.
    I'm thankful for the start of spring even though it doesn't feel like it. It still means it's here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep the lil kalanchoe right where it is blooming. I have 5 and 4 of them re-bloom. The one that doesn't is a cuttling off one that got too big for my house so I gave it to my sister. That one blooms 4-5 times a year for my sister;-) Good luck with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad spring is finally appearing. It tricked us last week by giving us warm, summer-like temps then dumping six inches of snow on us! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tip! Mine is doing a funny thing right now. When I first got it, the leaves were large and thick like a succulent, but now they are growing in on little branches. Not sure what that is about, but it's still pretty even if it doesn't bloom again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent Van Gogh

    One of my all time favorite quotes! I am grateful for my kids health, and grocery delivery 😁

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amen for grocery delivery! It's not yet available where I live (in the mountains) but I am grateful for curbside pick up. :)

    ReplyDelete