"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude." - Denis Waitley
Ready to take on this last week of March by storm? I am, but I'm thinking I might need all the caffeine to do it! Next week starts #The100DayProject and I'm still trying to figure out what my project will be. Are you joining in? You should! It's going to be so much fun! :D
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Family birthday parties. On Sunday, my family celebrated my sister's and my brother's birthdays with a cookout. Two birthdays mean twice as much cake, ice cream, and fun! I got to hang out with all the siblings and my nieces and nephews and it was chaos (like always) but it's so good to have an excuse to spend some time with the family.
- New opportunities. I got some great news last week that allows me to branch out in my freelance work. Feeling oh, so thankful for positive feedback and people who believe in me.
- Sand crunch. I am starting this one off by admitting that I might be weird, but when I find that my anxiety is peaking, I scroll through Instagram and watch this video (with headphones on) and I immediately feel more relaxed. ASMR rocks.
- Spring flowers. Although we lost a bit of the seasonal blooms from the freeze last week, there are some beautiful hyacinths and daffodils sprouting up in the garden and they put a big smile on my face.
- Healthcare. After watching the battle to repeal/revise the Affordable Care Act over the last several weeks, I am so grateful to have health insurance that covers my many doctor and hospital visits and the life-saving medication I take every day. Being a spoonie (with pre-existing conditions) is not fun but it sucks even more when you don't have health coverage and access to affordable medication. So, so thankful!
What are you grateful for today?