Monday, March 27, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 70

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude." - Denis Waitley

Ready to take on this last week of March by storm? I am, but I'm thinking I might need all the caffeine to do it! Next week starts #The100DayProject and I'm still trying to figure out what my project will be. Are you joining in? You should! It's going to be so much fun! :D

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Family birthday parties. On Sunday, my family celebrated my sister's and my brother's birthdays with a cookout. Two birthdays mean twice as much cake, ice cream, and fun! I got to hang out with all the siblings and my nieces and nephews and it was chaos (like always) but it's so good to have an excuse to spend some time with the family.
  • New opportunities. I got some great news last week that allows me to branch out in my freelance work. Feeling oh, so thankful for positive feedback and people who believe in me.
  • Sand crunch. I am starting this one off by admitting that I might be weird, but when I find that my anxiety is peaking, I scroll through Instagram and watch this video (with headphones on) and I immediately feel more relaxed. ASMR rocks.
  • Spring flowers. Although we lost a bit of the seasonal blooms from the freeze last week, there are some beautiful hyacinths and daffodils sprouting up in the garden and they put a big smile on my face.
  • Healthcare. After watching the battle to repeal/revise the Affordable Care Act over the last several weeks, I am so grateful to have health insurance that covers my many doctor and hospital visits and the life-saving medication I take every day. Being a spoonie (with pre-existing conditions) is not fun but it sucks even more when you don't have health coverage and access to affordable medication. So, so thankful!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 70 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

32 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for many things but mainly this week I'm grateful for the health and safety of my family. I know God's angels have to work 'overtime' with some of us more than others. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for spring flowers also! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I know what you mean, friend! I am also thankful for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like these, and have been meaning to do my own! I think it's so important to appreciate the little things in life and journal about gratitude. I'm thankful for spring blooms as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful my dh has a job. It may not pay all the bills and it's not permanent, but after he lost his job two years ago, it's much better. I'm thankful for my cancer story. If things didn't happen exactly as God had it planned, I wouldn't be here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really grateful for the spring-like weather recently. Although there is still a frosty breeze in the mornings, I try and soak up all the sun I can get!
    New opportuniteis for your freelance writing sounds amazing! Congratulations! Cannot wait to hear more about it! Good luck!
    Healthcare - it boggles my mind that a country like the US has one of the worst healthcare systems on this planet! We are so lucky to live in Europe and benefit from our amazing healthcare system! I don't mind spending a certain amount each month to ensure affordable healthcare for everyone in my country.
    The US should really get their act together!
    Happy Monday, dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, Chelsea. Practicing gratitude is important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhh, I feel for you. Job loss is so hard and when you find something (anything, really) it makes you appreciate it. I am thankful you are here today too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, girl! The US lacking when it comes to healthcare compared to countries in Europe. It's shameful. Thanks for coming by to read! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel you on health insurance... it actually scares me to know that so many don't have benefits and I worry for them. When something's going on with me, like my back issues, I simply go to the doctor. Knowing that others have much worse happening and they can't do the same is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's tough to live without health insurance if you are chronically ill. I went for three years without it when I left my 9 to 5 job and I was at risk of losing it again if the ACA was repealed. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish I had spring flowers here! We'll have spring weather soon and I know the flowers won't be far behind. And yay for new opportunities for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope spring comes quickly for you, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sand video is totally mesmerizing :) Thanks for sharing!

    And yes to having healthcare coverage. I actually am a member of the Affordable Care Act and very nervous about what's in store for me--just so many unanswered questions at this point... but coverage is so incredibly important and rather than stress about the future, I've decided to give thanks for my health.

    Best of luck with your new work opportunities! That's incredible :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen to that! And I watch that sand video at least a dozen times a day. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thankful for flowers too! We finally have a house with a yard and it is so fun watching them pop up as the weather gets nicer. I was a city gal for the longest time before we moved to rural Indiana so I had no idea I'd be into that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Springtime is one of the best reasons to live somewhere there is a little more green space! Thanks for stopping by, Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Being thankful for the small things is so important! I was just looking at my flowers and thinking about how they make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spring flowers are always a good reason to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cannot wait to see those spring flowers bloom...still have snow here so will be grateful for those bright spring colors

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a spoonie too! I live in Canada so thankfully, things like doctor's appointments and tests and procedures are covered. My husband has medical so I only pay a copay for medicine. I'm very grateful. I'm glad to hear that you are covered too. I cannot imagine what some people are going through right now. What a nightmare. To have to worry about your health and then to have to worry about health insurance on top of it - awful.
    We have no flowers as of yet. We got blasted with snow the other week and are now just getting some sun and some warmer temps. Hopefully the green grass and buds will start popping up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love flowers. They make me happy and I am thankful for them too. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We just got rid of our snow last week, so I feel ya! Hope you have some flowers blooming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fellow spoonie! It has been a nightmare down here in the states. Hopefully, the healthcare crisis is worked out and no one loses their coverage. Sending warm wishes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love flowers. They always look so colourful in my room. This is a very lovely list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am very thankful for spring flowers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been enjoying spring flowers this year. It's so unusual for me! :) I think I will be doing #The100DayProject. I'm trying to decide between a picture of my morning or writing a poem a day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so excited about the 100 Day Project! Both of those are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete