Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Great Spiritual Migration by Brian D. McLaren | A Book Review

The Great Spiritual Migration by Brian D. McLaren | A Book Review - A Simpler Grace



I received an advance reading copy of the featured book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. For more info on these types of posts, please see my disclosures.

I've always enjoyed reading books about philosophy and religion - not the faith-based self-help books that line the shelves at Christian bookstores, but instead the studies and comparisons of religion. I am interested in learning about the foundations of different faiths and their theology,  When I got the opportunity to read The Great Spiritual Migration by Brian McLaren, I was really excited to take advantage of it.

The Great Spiritual Migration by Brian D. McLaren | A Book Review - A Simpler Grace

I've never read any of McLaren's work before, so I'm not familiar with his writing style, but this book was written very well. The book is divided up into three sections: The Spiritual Migration, which deals with the change in the way Christians are living their lives; The Theological Migration, about the shift in the way they view God; The Missional Migration, or how they practice Christianity differently than before.

Each section includes some Scripture passages to read and some questions to dwell on but what I really like is the large notes section and index at the back of the book that makes it easy to research some of the points McLaren talks about as you read along. I found this to be a very interesting read and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys learning more about the foundations of religion or are interested in faith topics.

The Great Spiritual Migration is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. For more information on the author, Brian D. McLaren, you can visit his website.

The post The Great Spiritual Migration by Brian D. McLaren | A Book Review first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D