Sunday, April 30, 2017

Monthly Reflections | April

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections



"When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love have always won." - Mahatma Gandhi

Well, April is coming to an end and I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. It's been a tough month and I am hoping and praying that May is kinder. I'm sending the month off with a glass of wine in hand. Here's to fresh starts!

My verse of the month: "Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality." - Romans 12:13 (ESV)

My SHARE action this month: Share books with my community. My brother and I paid a visit to our local used bookstore and took a whole box of books, some to trade and others to donate. Should I also tell you that we came home with a box of new books? Win-win!

Lately, I've been...

Listening: the soulful sound of Violin by Amos Lee.
Making:  a collage journal.
Cooking:  the family Easter dinner. An entire meal for twelve people went off without a hitch. 
Drinking:  great big mugs of green tea.
Reading:  lots of books for Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon!
Wanting:  some time by the pool, as soon as possible.
Looking:  to the future.
Playing:  with paint.
Wasting:  time watching movies when I should be working.
Wishing:  for things to go back the way they used to be.
Creating: distractions and a disaster zone if you were to look at my to-do list.
Enjoying:  evenings on the front porch swing.
Waiting:  patiently on the outside but kicking and screaming on the inside. Know that feelin'?
Liking:  the idea of turning my phone off during the work day. This might be implemented soon.
Eating:  a whole lot of fruit. Love that we are in berry season.
Wondering:  what tomorrow holds.
Loving:  this couple who adopts special needs cats.
Hoping:  for a nice summer.
Missing:  my love so much.
Writing:  short stories for The 100 Day Project.
Needing:  some cuddles, but I'd settle for a hug.
Photographing: all things spring. Flowers, sunsets, insects, green trees. It's all so pretty.
Smelling:  that fresh scent after a rainstorm.
Wearing:  yoga pants. All day, every day.
Following:  this watercolor painter on Instagram. Her flowers are so beautiful.
Noticing:  the days are getting longer and I'm lovin' it.
Watching:  Below Deck Mediterranean. I'm addicted to the five-star super-yacht service industry.
Knowing:  I'm stronger than I give myself credit for.
Craving:  familiar feelings.
Working:  on some freelance writing in May.
Thinking:  I need a beach trip, and soon.
Bookmarking:  podcasts I want to check out. I need to get back into listening to them.
Opening:  all the windows in the house. There's nothing better than a spring breeze.
Feeling:  sad but hopeful.

What have you been up to in April?

The post Monthly Reflections | April first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

16 comments:

  1. Getting and giving books makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very busy April. A porch swing sounds amazing. Especially with a big ole carton of blueberries. Yummm. Hope your May is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list!

    Congratulations on the holiday dinner for 12! And I can't wait for berry season here... We do have warm weather and flowers, though! And, finally, open windows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big carton of blueberries would be so good right now. Hope you have a lovely May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berry season never lasts long enough for me! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH BOY! This post is everything.... So many points to write about.. I love it! I may just copy and mimic this post, I really like it! April was crazy for me too and I slacked on blogging like so much! I feel bad so I'm going to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that April was a bit of a rough month for you. I hope May is much better! It's my birthday month, so I really hope it's a good month for me too. :)

    Having the windows open this time of the year is great. I wish I had a porch swing, but we just don't have room. I'm thinking of getting a stand up hammock for the back deck though. That would be so lovely! I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to my pool being open - favorite part of the summer, since I hate being hot. haha

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hammock would be awesome! I would probably spend most of the day in it, reading a book. :D Happy birthday month, Lauren! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((hugs))) I'm trying to lose weight post menopause and getting my son ready for college. He's my last. Working on making a steady income since my dh's job is only temp and he hasn't had a perm job in over two years. Recovering from three surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, weight loss is never easy, but it seems particularly difficult with summer (and swimsuit season) looming! I hope your son enjoys his college experience and that the DH is able to find a stable job. I also hope you have a lovely May, JoJo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What does the collage journal entail???? It sounds so cool!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep a sketchbook that I make little inspiration collages in. Some of them are images/typography I've cut out of magazines or shapes I've cut from pages of old books. I also use photos and stickers. Just a fun little project I've been working on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. It's a bit rough. I would love those porch swings in evenings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, David. All will be well. Just had a touch few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete