Monday, April 10, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 72

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Hi Monday!

We had the most beautiful weather, making it a perfect weekend and I hate to see it end, but I'm also excited to jump into this week. I've got so much to do for work and getting ready for Easter. Lots of baking to do! Hope you all have a lovely Passover week. 

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My love being home and getting to spend time with him this weekend. The man was away on business again, this time nearly three weeks and I'm so glad he is now back home. We spent the weekend hanging around the house, watching one of our favorite shows and meal prepping. I've never loved doing ordinary things with someone so much.
  • Seeing my dad's eyes light up when my brother and I gave him the new grill we got for his birthday. There is something about a man and his grill. It's the only thing he asked for and he got to open it yesterday. I see a lot of family cookouts in our immediate future.
  • Books of poetry. I recently acquired some new poetry collections during my trip to the used bookstore with my brother and not only are they from some of my favorite writers, but they have the most beautiful covers.
  • Daffodils popping up all over the garden. After a drab and muddy winter, I can not get enough of the bright yellows springing up all around me.
  • Going to bed early on a Sunday night. Usually, I have an endless list of things I need to do on a Sunday night, but this time, I made a priority to turn in early and get a fresh start to the week.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 72 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

18 comments:

  1. Ahh, good for you for getting to bed early! I ended up staying up pretty late last night and I'm FEELING it this morning! So, today, I am giving my gratitude to coffee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you got to spend time with your love. I love just hanging out with J too. Even just bummin around the house. I know what you mean about watching your Dad's eyes light up. I felt that way a couple weeks ago when we got my dad about 75.00 dollars worth of meat from the meat market. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely list to start out the week! I hope to see some bright colored flowers near me soon too. Bright colors make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gratitude list <3 and thank you!! Busy holiday week--celebrating passover today and Easter on Sunday (two dinners!) <3

    What a great gift for your poppa :) (I actually wish i thought of a grill--that's a great gift!). I'm excited to see mine and give him some gifts for his belated bday, too.

    Love poetry books, too... thanks for the reminder to pick some up :) xoxo and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dads get excited about the simplest things sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Beth! Hope you do have some spring flowers coming your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two dinners? Lucky you! Thanks for coming by, Charlotte. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE daffodils. we used to have batches of them growing in our yard when i was little, and i would often take them to my teachers. my mom would wrap them in damp paper towels and foil, i would clutch them so tight on the bus, so worried was i that i would drop them, so eager was i to give them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your dad loved his birthday gift. It sounds like you had a really nice weekend - that's wonderful!!


    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a lovely weekend. Thanks, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy reading gratitude lists :)
    Totally agree that an early night makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these lists! So glad you got to do some relaxing! I love when the people we love, love the gifts we get them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does give me the warm fuzzies when a gift is appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete