We had the most beautiful weather, making it a perfect weekend and I hate to see it end, but I'm also excited to jump into this week. I've got so much to do for work and getting ready for Easter. Lots of baking to do! Hope you all have a lovely Passover week.
This week, I'm grateful for:
- My love being home and getting to spend time with him this weekend. The man was away on business again, this time nearly three weeks and I'm so glad he is now back home. We spent the weekend hanging around the house, watching one of our favorite shows and meal prepping. I've never loved doing ordinary things with someone so much.
- Seeing my dad's eyes light up when my brother and I gave him the new grill we got for his birthday. There is something about a man and his grill. It's the only thing he asked for and he got to open it yesterday. I see a lot of family cookouts in our immediate future.
- Books of poetry. I recently acquired some new poetry collections during my trip to the used bookstore with my brother and not only are they from some of my favorite writers, but they have the most beautiful covers.
- Daffodils popping up all over the garden. After a drab and muddy winter, I can not get enough of the bright yellows springing up all around me.
- Going to bed early on a Sunday night. Usually, I have an endless list of things I need to do on a Sunday night, but this time, I made a priority to turn in early and get a fresh start to the week.
What are you grateful for today?