Monday, April 17, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 73

 Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful




"Slow down. Life is crossing the road." - Debasish Mridha

Easter Sunday used to be a major turning point when I was growing up. It was the day I could start wearing my white sandals again and it usually meant that my school wardrobe would now consist of shorts and skirts instead of jeans and sweaters. Now that these wardrobe rules no longer apply, the seasons kind of run together for me and time seems to pass by much quicker than it used to, making it even more important to try to slow down and enjoy every moment I am given. 

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Easter dinner with the family. Time with those I love. Yummy food. Couldn't ask for anything more.
  • Watching my niece and nephew hunt for hidden Easter eggs. My seven-year-old niece is a pro, but this is the first year my two-year-old nephew really understood the idea. He got excited with every egg he found, then even more excited when he realized there was candy inside them.
  • Medication updates. The human body is a wondrous thing, but when one system is malfunctioning, it throws everything off-balance. When I saw my doctor this last week, he changed a few of my med doses and the immediate difference I felt was amazing. I was able to make it through three days in the kitchen prepping for Easter dinner without crashing, as would have been the case before the change in my dosing schedule.
  • Snuggle time with the man. A comfy couch, a cozy blanket, takeout food and Shameless binges make for a perfect night.
  • Painting with watercolors. I pulled out my paints a few days ago and without any specific project in mind, just played around and let creativity take over. I forget how good it feels to let the artistic side of my brain have a turn and put the analytic side, along with the perfectionism, away.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 72 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

36 comments:

  1. I did a little bit of watercolor painting yesterday--getting some favors ready for my sister's bridal shower. It's amazing how rejuvenating playing with color can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to watch my little grands hunt for their eggs and we had an Easter feast, too. But the thing I am most grateful for is a husband who takes me to church EVERY week (not just twice/year) and the Lord we worship there. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. I love painting with watercolors. I'm still learning how to paint and love learning new painting techniques. I haven't watched Shameless, but have heard that it's a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful to be cancer free, that my dh has a job (though temporary), that my dd has a wonderful husband, and my son is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love these updates! I am glad you are feeling better with a change of your meds. I know how that goes. Fighting that same battle lately! I love watching little kids hunt for Easter eggs. It is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post! I am grateful for my support system: my friends. family, and mentors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you were able to find some comfort and peace with a new medication dosage. I don't think people realize how frustrating it can be to be on meds and feel as though they simply aren't working and it can take our bodies (and minds) a while to find that delicate balance <3

    Awww, it sounds as though you had a very happy Easter this year! I missed out on the Easter egg hunt, but I did put together some puzzles with my bf's nieces and that was really fun, too :) Also snuggle times are the best times.

    Hope you have a great week! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend! I think this is the first year my three year old understood the egg hunt really well. And I love the show Shameless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love posts like this! It's always nice to be grateful even for the little things.

    Belle | One Awesome Momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a nice Easter.
    Oh how I love cuddle time with my man. Nothing like binge watching on the couch.
    I was just saying yesterday how I miss painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great! So important to list our blessings and what we are grateful for us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how fun! I bet the favors will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so much fun watching kids hunt eggs and it sounds like you've got a GREAT man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a lot of fun to learn to use watercolors! Hope you have a great week, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen! That's a great reason to be grateful! Sounds like you have a wonderful family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Trish! Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A good support system is always something to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true! It's frustrating when medicine doesn't work properly. Puzzles are so much fun, but my niece does not have the attention span to work on one. Lol! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The little ones are so fun when they start to get the concept of these holiday activities!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should do some painting! Hope you have a great week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I pulled out my paints this weekend too... I'm actually about to put up an Insta post about it. :) It felt so good to do that and I'm glad I finally stopped putting it off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's awesome, Crystal! It does feel good if you haven't been creative for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you had such a nice Easter. It's great when all your meds are working together instead of fighting each other. :)

    Yay for getting out your creative side for a bit.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for coming by to read, Lauren. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you had a lovely Easter! Thank goodness for modern medicine... where would we be without it?? I'm feeling grateful for some family time over the Easter break too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for family time! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love writing down what I'm grateful for, it always brightens your mood and gives you a new perspective on life.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like you had a great Easter. I always enjoy reading gratitude lists - instantly improves my mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotApril 18, 2017 at 10:57 AM

    Your Easter egg hunt sounds fun! I missed seeing my niece and nephews this year. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for coming by to read, Veronika!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you have a wonderful week as well, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love reading gratitude lists from others. It is always so heart-warming. That night on the couch with your guy sounds like a great night to me.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It sure was! Thanks for stopping by, Erin!

    ReplyDelete