Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Hello May | Goals

A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life. #goals



Hi, friends! Here's a scary thought: we are almost halfway through 2017... Let that sink in. One of my favorite series on this blog is my goal setting posts. I love being held accountable for those little projects I say I want to do at the beginning of the month that I'd usually end up forgetting the next day. Now, I have an entire system for tracking my goals throughout the month and reminders set up every week to work on them. I'd love to know, do you set monthly goals? If so, how do you keep track of them?

My goals for April. Let's see how I did...
  • Complete the 28-day reset challenge I completed the fitness side of this, but not the diet side. The diet side was hardcore, much like Whole30 and we all know how I did with that. It was nice to (partially) reset my system and I might try this again in a month that I'm not undergoing some major medicine changes.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month Check!
  • Read twenty books I slacked big time on my reading this month and only managed to read twelve (and a half) books. I will try for more in May.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative I did this every week except the last week of the month. My projects included some knitting and blackout poetry as well as photo editing for fun. I'm counting this as a win.
  • Complete the April Bible-in-a-year section Yes.
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries I did one, Luke 23-24 for Easter, which I meant to share in a blog post, but forgot.
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest Way more than sixty. I'm hoping to get these Pinterest boards cleared this next month!
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest Yep! I made some YUM-AZING overnight cinnamon rolls for Easter and the family loved them. I will definitely use that recipe again.
  • Write two freelance articles I wrote one and it was posted on my friend Lexi's blog. Didn't get the second one finished. Partial win.
  • Do one craft/DIY project I've pinned on Pinterest Nope, didn't get around to completing any of these projects but I have an awesome one planned for May!
  • Complete one open course I finished a cool one on philosophy.
  • Start #The100DayProject and follow through every day this month Yes, and no. I have worked on this project every day in April, but I changed the rules a bit. Instead of writing 1,500 words a day, like I originally planned, I'm laying down the bones and will go back and flesh out these stories as I have time. I'm really pleased with the first completed (not edited) shorts and hope to eventually publish a collection of them.
My verse for May: "Does he not certainly speak for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop." - I Corinthians 9:10 (ESV)

My SHARE action for this month: Create a digital or printable download to share with my readers. (Stay tuned!)

And my goals for May...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day
  • Workout every day this month
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
  • Read twenty books from my reading list
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative
  • Complete the May Bible-in-a-year section
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest (just two a day - hope to finish these boards out this month!)
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Write two freelance articles
  • Do one craft/DIY project I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Complete one open course
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries
  • Refresh my social media bios (and headshots?)
  • Go through the hundreds of bookmarks I have saved on Chrome
  • Create some photo collage templates for an upcoming project
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello May | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

35 comments:

  1. These are great goals, well done on getting through so many of them last month. Makes such a difference starting off a new month with some detailed goals - keeps you focussed if you keep looking back on them. Best of luck for the month ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and thank you, Isabelle. Hope you have a lovely May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shootingstarsmagMay 2, 2017 at 7:53 AM

    Great job with your April goals - I hope you are just as successful in your May ones. I really need to work on some crafty/DIY projects this month too. I started one last month, so I'm on the right track!! :) I don't have too many goals for the month. I want to get up and move more - particularly taking walks. I also need to try and increase the amount of water I drink everyday.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren! I also want to get outside and go for walks more, now that the weather has gotten better. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some super awesome goals ahead of you this month, Lecy! Best of luck! Always love seeing everyone's goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Summer! Hope you have a wonderful May. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, we are almost halfway through 2017, you are right! And wow, read 20 books from your list in May? That's impressive! I will be happy if I finish two books this month! Though I'm doing better at reading this year than I did last year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love to read, so twenty books a month is about how many I go through in a month. Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica BradshawMay 2, 2017 at 11:27 AM

    SO many great goals!! When I get back from this trip, it will be workout every day, eat lean clean and green every meal, work on photo albums, and get ahead on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are awesome goals, Jessica! Hope you have a wonderful month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many great goals for the month! I love your goal of making a goal of an amount of time to be creative for the week. That's such a great way to keep it in check and make sure you're getting that time in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has inspired me to make a goal list for may!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative time really helps me keep my stress level low, so I have to make it a priority. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, that makes me happy! Hope you have a great week, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some great goals! I aim to workout 4 days a week, so that's awesome you can do it every day. I'm also impressed with how much you read. I love to read, but just don't give myself enough time. I need to make it more of a priority. Best of luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Shann! Hope you have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Goals! You are rockin' it girl! I need to use you as my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elizabeth JohnsonMay 2, 2017 at 3:09 PM

    Those are great goals! You will definitely have your hands full but I am sure you will kill it! April was a tough month for me goal wise, I am hoping May will be better! Also, holy cow - 20 books! I only have read 1 book on my goals list. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks girl! April was a tough month, so I'm glad May is here. And 20 books is good for me, but I don't have two kids like you! I hope this month is better for you and that you have a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for you, Lecy! I feel the need to set goals after reading this. :D Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm happy to share the inspiration! Hope you have a great week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun! great job on completing most of your April goals.. its so important to hold yourself accountable! I love reading and I probably won't be able to read 20 books a month, but setting a reading goal each month is something I want to start doing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's good to set goals and keep track of our progress. Nice list. I want to try one of your cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much Justine! Hope you have a lovely May!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! The cinnamon rolls were SO GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome goals! I really need to make some goals for my pinterest pins. I have so many and I feel like I never go back and look at them again! Thanks for the inspiration on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, the Pinterest boards were a huge problem for me and this was the only way I've remembered to go back and read some of those articles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You smashed those goals last month! That's awesome! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Geesh! Even your failed book goals put me to shame! lol. I read two books in April and I was proud :p

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that you're actually going through your pins and reading/doing them! Haha I need to actually do that. I always forget I've pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do NOT be shamed. I don't have much of a life, so reading is a priority for me. Haha! Plus I suffer from terrible insomnia, so I can easily finish a book or two in one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes! When I started noticing that I was pinning the same thing three or four times, I figured it was time to go through and read them. Plus, going through them helped me get rid of all those old pins with broken links or inaccurate info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm sorry you have insomnia! That stinks! But I am glad you use that time to do something you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete