Friday, May 12, 2017

Links to Love | 92

Sharing my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites



Hey y'all. It's another dreary Friday morning and we are expecting more of the same rainy weather all weekend. The last few weeks have been like this and I'm ready for some sunshine and summer weather. I'll take advantage of the rain and try to get a lot of work done, so I'm gearing up for a busy few days. Have any fun plans for your weekend?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • I love this one! Daughters wearing their mother's (and sometimes grandmother's) prom dresses and killing it! | BoredPanda
  • When we think of skin color, we usually think in terms of red, brown, yellow, black and white, but what if we thought in Pantone instead? The Humanæ Project | Angélica Dass
  • Something I never thought I'd report on - dramatic portraits of pet fish by Christopher Jobson | Colossal
  • Some thoughts on how solitude enriches creative work by Thomas Oppong | Medium
On the blogosphere:
  • How a remarkable life equals a thousand unremarkable steps by Jeff Manion | Ann Voskamp
  • If you're craving fast food but trying to watch what you eat, you need this guide | Goop
  • It's ok to be happy with a quiet life by Brian Gardner | No Sidebar
  • Why we should thank our partner for doing the chores by Amie M. Gordon | Greater Good
Here on A Simpler Grace:
Favorite Video of the Week:
  • Jimmy Kimmel on his baby and the need for affordable healthcare. Who can resist a papa getting choked up about the birth of his son??


What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 92 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

24 comments:

  1. The portraits of pet fish are simply stunning. Thanks for these links, it's been a week where I haven't been able to read much. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish look like pieces of art, don't they?! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed these links. The portraits of fish are so beautiful. I love the vivid, stunning colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your link to the piece on girls wearing their mothers' prom dresses -- so cute! I don't know where you live but we're also having crappy weather this weekend here in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the fish are the best! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those girls were OWNING their mom's dresses. I loved it! I'm down in the Washington DC area, so we are probably getting the same line of nasty weather. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Jimmy Kimmel video still makes me cry! I'm so glad his baby is ok. Great links all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! It was such a touching moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jimmy had me crying the second his voice cracked. I so love these posts, you share the best links. You know one of my most favorite animal photos is one of our old goldfish. There was just something so beautiful about it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica BradshawMay 12, 2017 at 2:18 PM

    I loved the Jimmy video. So sweet. Great picks again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. shootingstarsmagMay 12, 2017 at 2:22 PM

    Dramatic portraits of pet fish? Didn't think I'd see that - but those photos are awesome.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I know. I was bawling through that video. I'm so glad Jimmy's son is ok! Have a great weekend, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right!?! Who would think of taking artistic photos of a fish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today's been dreary here too..yuck!
    Jimmy video is too sweet...made me teary! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jimmy Kimmel on his baby had me balling! So happy his baby is okay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's hoping the weather cheers up soon! Hope you have a great weekend, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me too. It was so sweet to see his vulnerability. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alexandria SniderMay 12, 2017 at 9:57 PM

    I saw the Jimmy Kimmel video on Facebook and it had me crying like a baby. Something needs to change in this country, when it comes to healthcare.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow thanks for the great reads! I'm going to be checking out It's ok to be happy with a quiet life for sure. And I just loved Jimmy Kimmel's video. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to check out these links later today. I love finding new blog posts to read.

    ReplyDelete