Friday, May 19, 2017

Links to Love | 93

Sharing my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites



"So fall asleep love, loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee." - Robert Browning

TGIF, friends! I don't know about you, but it's been a hectic week for me. I plan on kicking back this weekend, catching up on some reading and doing a lot of thinking about some big decisions I need to make soon. What are your plans for the weekend? P.S. Hope you enjoyed the little quote I shared above. Doesn't it make you smile?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Wedding photography is going to new heights by Christopher Barry | BoredPanda
  • Confronting the sorrow and silence of stillbirth by Mireya Navarro | The New York Times
  • Model Deddeh Howard is holding up a "black mirror" to the fashion world by Parker Molloy | UpWorthy
  • Divorce selfies are a thing. I guess some couples can stay friends after the split. | BoredPanda
On the blogosphere:
  • When you look at how long you actually have your kids... Eighteen summers is all by Rebecca | Simple As That Blog
  • When your worst friend is the voice inside your own head by Lisa-Jo Baker | Ann Voskamp
  • Finally, someone is saying it! Numbers don't matter, influence does | Gary Vaynerchuk
  • Obituaries my mother wrote for me while I was living in San Francisco by Bess Kalb | The New Yorker
Here on A Simpler Grace:

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 93 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. Divorce selfies? Really?....Really?
    That is so weird, but I guess a lot of people think I'm weird too, so what can I say ;) :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great links that I will definitely check out. I love learning of new blogs and articles from others, thanks for sharing! Happy Friday - hope you enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I guess these couples all decided they were better off as friends and wanted to have a memory from the day the separation was finalized. This is not something I would have wanted to do after my divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love RBG! Thank you for sharing that video! Happy Friday and Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! She's a classy woman. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to kick back this weekend too :) Can't wait to check some of these links out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. shootingstarsmagMay 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM

    Love that quote under the main photo. Too sweet. And divorce selfies? Interesting!

    Awww...only 18 summers with a kid! It puts it in perspective.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many people I know have been though horrible divorces so to see people get divorced and still be connected is amazing. And the 18 summers thing....all the feels. Especially after celebrating Anthonys 12th on Sunday! PS. When you are in the storm that is Anxiety, I will be right there with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The divorce selfie is interesting.... that is the last thing I would have wanted to do the day I got divorced!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a great weekend, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know! 18 summers seems like nothing! Hope you have a great weekend, Lauren. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I guess in order to qualify for a divorce selfie, you'd have to have separated from your partner on amicable terms and so many (myself included) have not. And thank you lady! It's quite a storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right?!? Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those wedding pics are pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elizabeth JohnsonMay 20, 2017 at 5:49 PM

    I really loved the "black mirror" project. Really incredible! Thanks for sharing these links! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So did I! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting links! The stillbirth one truly is an unspoken thing. Even moreso than infertility and miscarriage, I think. And who knew about divorce selfies? That's unique

    ReplyDelete