Monday, May 08, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 76

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"There are two things that define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything." - unknown

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those crazy seasons because our weather has been bouncing back and forth between warm summer temps and cool ones and it's been raining non-stop for weeks. Thankfully, the forecast shows sunny days ahead. Let's grab our cups of coffee and jump into a busy week!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A productive week. I got so much done the last few days and eliminated nearly a dozen things off my current master list. I even managed to get at least one (sometimes two) workouts in a day. Hoping to keep it up this week.
  • Reconnecting with an old friend. A long-lost friend who has been sorely missed popped back into my life last week and it has been so good catching up. Feeling happy, for sure. :)
  • Answered prayers for baby E. One of my close friends and former coworkers had a baby girl just over a month ago and there were some serious complications during delivery. Her daughter has been in the NICU since then and it was touch-and-go for a while but she has been making a little progress every day. I am excited to share that they were released to go home this weekend. I was so happy to see that baby girl's little smile as she was bundled up in her car seat for the first time.
  • Peony season! The peony plant is in bloom in the front garden and I'm so anxious to get out there and take some photos of the beautiful flowers. Stay tuned to my Instagram over the next few days. 
  • The alarm on my phone. I used to be an early riser, but my weird sleeping schedule has screwed that up. I've been trying to reset my circadian rhythm and have, for the past week, set my alarm clock for 6 a.m. every morning and it seems to be helping. Feeling grateful for technology!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 76 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

16 comments:

  1. I went to bed way to late last night (2am) but when my alarm went off at 5 this morning, I forced myself to get up. Had enough time to pack lunches and say goodbye to David plus get my post today up. And I got laundry started too :) I'm grateful for that extra hour. Im so happy to hear Baby E got to go home. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my first peony plant and I can't wait for it to bloom! I'm also looking forward to a productive week after some unexpected changes in plans. Sometimes, you have the make the most of the situation, right! :) Love this post as a way to express gratitude on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that your friend's baby was released from NICU and is home with her parents! I have a coworker who's daughter was born in August just on the line of being able to resuscitate or not and I definitely teared up when I saw the pictures of them taking her home in December. They were home as a family for Christmas and she's doing so well now.

    Great job on a productive week and for working out regularly! That's awesome and always feels so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peonies are my favourite flower! Mine are just sprouting with the big old bulbs up top. Not ready to bloom though. I'm sure the ants are going to find them soon and start devouring them. What's up with them loving those bulbs?!
    Isn't it awesome reconnecting with old friends? I'm glad that you had that meeting!
    I'm so sorry to hear about that sweet little bean in the NICU but thankful that they're making progress every day. Those nurses work magic and the parents - the moms, their hearts beat so strong for their babes. I was a peds ER nurse for 10 years and saw lots of mamas come in to the hospital. My heart went out to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that your friend's baby was released from the hospital and that they can now bond in the comfort of their own home.

    Also I've been reconnecting with old friends recently too--it's nice to fall back into place, eh? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. shootingstarsmagMay 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM

    Yay for getting lots of things on your to-do list finished! I'm so glad that your friend's little one is starting to improve.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa lady! Way to be productive early in the morning with barely any sleep! I'd still be dead to the world if I didn't go to bed until that late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it will be so pretty! I have a white one but I want to try to find another one that has different colored blooms. Thanks for stopping by today, Kiara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am too! She is such a sweet little thing and is smiling in every picture they share of her. Poor girl has been through so much but she's taking it all in stride. Thanks for coming by to read, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed the ants last year! I wondered if it was just the garden they were in but I guess not. Now I wonder if I can spray some peppermint essential oil on or around the plant to keep them off... I'll let you know if that works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Charlotte! And yes, it was a very good place to fall back into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lauren! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice to get in a groove with productivity! Also, I always love to hear good stories on babies,so happy to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for productivity! I also love when we get to connect with old friends. Such a nice feeling! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a great feeling! Thanks for coming by, Trish! :)

    ReplyDelete