Monday, May 15, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 77

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." - A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)

Oh, happy day! I've got my cup of tea in one hand and a plan in the other. I am definitely setting out to conquer this week and I have a feeling it's going to be a good one. What is your plan for the week?

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My mom and mothers everywhere! Sunday was Mother's Day and I got to celebrate the day with my family. I'm so grateful for all the moms in my life: my own, my two beautiful sisters, grandmothers, aunts, cousins and some amazing girlfriends who are all rocking mom-hood. I love you all and am so blessed to have each of you in my life.
  • Workouts that finally seem to be paying off. After spending nearly the entire winter on two- or three-times the dose of steroids I should have been taking, I've had such a problem with weight management. I was exhausted all the time and no matter how much I exercised, the number on the scale kept going up. In addition to getting back on the correct dose of meds, I've been working out twice a day in May and my body is getting healthier and that number is going down. My hope is that by the beginning of summer, I'll be back to (or close to) my normal/goal weight again.
  • Making peace with the ram that I've been butting heads with for nearly two years. :)
  • The reemergence of the sun. We've had so much rain over the last few weeks, I thought we'd have to build an ark. Was so glad to see the sun make an appearance this weekend and hopefully dry the ground a bit. Looks like it will bringing a change in temperature too, because later this week, we are supposed to be in the 90's!
  • Completed projects. For years, I've had, what I call my "master list" of tasks I need to complete. It's a steno notebook page of very specific things like backing up my hard drive and organizing my digital photographs to sorting through my bookshelf and scheduling a haircut. I've literally had this list for close to fifteen years and things get added or checked off as needed. My list used to be two steno pages, double columns and I've just gotten it down to half a page. This might mean nothing to you, but to me, it means I am the queen of productivity. LOL 

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 77 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

24 comments:

  1. There is no better way to start a Monday than with some gratitude! I am also grateful for the moms in my life! I am grateful that I have a family willing to help my husband and I with our new home. It is amazing. Good for you for working so hard with working out!! It is hard, but sure pays off. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carly. Sounds like you are blessed with an amazing family. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful things to be grateful for - sunshine, peace, accomplishments? Sounds great in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I want to start writing gratitude posts, and just being more grateful in general!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.May 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM

    Two workouts a day?! That's so impressive! Today I'm thankful for an upcoming trip with my parents and my in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I've been wearing myself out! A trip with the parents sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to the sun!
    Let's pause for that.....
    And now we are back ;)
    Making peace with rams is also a good thing. Sometimes I like to pretend that rams are dead and that way I don't have to deal with them anymore. But then they butt back in...like rams do. So that never really works out. Rams. Damn rams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! I don't want this particular ram dead, but there are others... Thanks for making me laugh, Kimberly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like my workouts are finally paying off again and just like you, I am so grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like it was not a very good winter for health/fitness/weight management for a lot of people. Glad to hear you are making progress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completing projects are the best! Today I'm grateful for the people in my life that make my days happier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, always grateful for those special people in my life too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting longstanding projects out of the way is such a relief!! Congrats on completing these tasks!! Also lol @ "I thought we'd have to build an ark," omg--SAME!! The weather here has been terrible past few weeks but really makes me appreciate the sunshine :) hope you had a lovely Mother's Day/ weekend and here's to an awesome week ahead!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Charlotte. I am OVER the nasty weather but they are calling for rain all next weekend too. Hoping for a change in the forecast before then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gratitude is so important...I am grateful for yoga, meditation and the journaling practice that I have begun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great reasons to be grateful! I hope you enjoy the new practice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Getting that list down to half a page is awesome!! I seem to have a rolling list too... it feels like such and achievement when you're able to tick things off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, friend and you are right! It is a good feeling getting the list cut down!

    ReplyDelete
  19. shootingstarsmagMay 15, 2017 at 8:34 PM

    Yay for getting projects done. That's awesome. It's supposed to be pretty warm where I live this week too. I just wish I had the pool to cool down!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pool is still not up for the season yet here, so I'm (not so) patiently waiting. Hope I'll be able to get some swim time soon, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with the getting healthier! I am also so thankful for the sun. It's been missed around here <3

    ReplyDelete