Monday, May 22, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 78

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"That very breath wherewith they utter their complaints is a blessing and a fundamental one too for if God would withdraw that they were incapable of whatsoever else either have or desire." - Richard Allestree

Oh hey, Monday! It's the last unofficial week of spring and we are going into the first holiday weekend of summer. Can you believe we are nearly halfway through 2017? Time flies when you're having fun... or when you're staying busy, in my case. Hope you all have a great week and remember to be grateful!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The person who knows me better than anyone in the world, the yin to my yang. Even when we butt heads, the love is always there. <3
  • Music I grew up listening to. After hearing the sad news of Chris Cornell's death last week, I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I pulled up some old tunes on Spotify and had a trip down memory lane. Those were the good old days.
  • The good tissues. It's been an emotional couple of days around here and shall we just say the ultra soft ones are definitely worth it.
  • Dreams of what may be. You know that feeling when you wake up after having a really amazing dream and in this dream, it seemed that all the puzzle pieces fit perfectly and you were where you were meant to be? Feeling hopeful after that one.
  • Fruit season. I think if I had to pick a favorite season based on my dietary preferences, it would be from right now when berries and cherries are in season until late summer when the apples and pears start to ripen on the trees. I can't get enough summer fruit.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 78 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

23 comments:

  1. You are soon right--the music we grew up listening to was amazing. And fruit/berry season is the absolute best :) Thanks for putting out this reminder to be grateful for everyday, ordinary things :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I have been feeling nostalgic about music of the old days too. And I am glad to hear about your dream, it is nice to wake up feeling good sometimes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by to read, Jamie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness music never dies. Hope you have a nice week, Beth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratitude journals are so important to help us recognize the "ordinary" that brings us joy. Love this post! Summer fruit is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, Davi. Thanks! Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. shootingstarsmagMay 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM

    When it comes to summer fruit, I LOVE watermelon. I can't wait for it to start showing up in my local stores - but ripe and juicy!

    I love listening to older music. It's great!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to picking lots of fresh produce this summer, it really is the best part of summer, in my opinion. Other than that, I am super grateful for being able to see the positive in situations, even when those around me are in their own world of panic and disarray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think watermelon should be the official fruit of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes! Finding those silver linings is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruit Season! Yes, I'm so glad that it's fruit season! That is my candy substitute lol. I'm grateful for the little things like my dog, good health, and family. I try to remind myself of these things as often as possible so I don't get so caught up in what I do vs. don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all great things to be grateful for, Channing. I love nature's candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara Montague MillerMay 22, 2017 at 1:32 PM

    The good tissues! Yes! Those really do make all the difference. Gratitude journaling is awesome. I suggest it to therapy clients all the time, and it is so helpful when they follow through! And I'm grateful for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a good recommendation. It is quite therapeutic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet gratitude list. I love the good tissues. That's something I've never thought to be grateful for but I certainly am. I also love fruit and veggie season. Fresh produce is my favorite part about summer. Good love is hard to find but so worth it when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gratitude is so important and it's the little things that we should be so grateful for each and every day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right!? It's the little things! Thanks for stopping by today, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.May 23, 2017 at 7:09 AM

    Love this list here :) The yin to your yang!

    This week, I am so grateful for waking up today. With the event that happened in Manchester yesterday which was so traumatic and so gut-wrenching, I am thankful for life.

    It makes my head spin when I think about how people actually choose to end someone elses life. I can't understand it. I never will. My heart goes out to those poor families who lost their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I know. Isn't that horrible? I feel for those people in Manchester. What a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cherries are my fav! This is a great list. There has been so much tragedy in the news and closer to home. Tissues have been needed. Probably could have used softer ones lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cherries are really good this season! And you're right, there is a lot of tragedy. It's so important to find the little moments that remind us of the good in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm right there with you. It was tragic.

    ReplyDelete