Wednesday, June 07, 2017

101 in 1001 - A Day Zero Project | The Final Six Months

Checking in for the last six month countdown in my Day Zero Project! #101in1001 #dayzeroproject



Eight hundred and twenty days ago, I created a list of a hundred and one things I wanted to complete in the next one thousand and one days. It's called the Day Zero Project. Today marks the six-month countdown in my project and I wanted to check in with a post to share what I've completed and what I still need to do, which is a lot. Yikes!

Here is what I have already checked off.
  • Spend a day with each of my siblings (Thanksgiving 2015, 2016)
  • Switch to a fully clean/gluten free diet (Fall 2016)
  • Try essential oils for a month (read about it here)
  • Curate a capsule wardrobe (read about it here and here)
  • Go on a hike in Harpers Ferry (August 2016)
  • Do yoga every day for 60 days (March-April 2017)
  • Watch a meteor shower (read about it here)
  • Organize photos (print and digital) (January 2017)
  • Start a container garden and harvest produce (seeds planted March 2016produce growing September 2016)
  • Volunteer for a Chrysalis/Emmaus/Credo weekend (read about it here)
  • Introduce someone to the magic of Robert Rosselle at the Torpedo Factory (read about it here)
  • Spend all my book credit at McKay's Book Store (April 2017)
  • Donate 101 things I no longer need (read about it here)
  • Take a yoga class (February 2017)
  • Spend a day with each of my nieces and nephews (December 2016)
  • Buy a meal for someone behind me in the drive-thru (December 2016)
  • Read through the Bible in a year (April 2016 - December 2016)
  • Guest post on someone else's blog (read my posts here)
  • Send a secret to PostSecret (February 2017)
  • Complete a month-long photo challenge (read about it here)
  • Complete the 30 Day Minimalism Project (read about it here)
  • Read 50 books each year [see the full reading list here]  2015: (50/50) 2016: (100+/100) 2017: (80/200)
  • Donate clothing to a battered women's shelter (read about it here)
  • Get a new hair style/color that is unlike anything I've done before (May 2017)
  • Decorate the walls in the bedroom (see it here)
  • Roast marshmallows around a bonfire with friends (August 2016)
  • Donate something handmade to a silent auction for a good cause (March 2015)
  • Write a letter to be opened on my 45th birthday (February 2017)
  • Re-connect with an old friend (Summer 2015)
  • Complete a no-spend month (April 2015)
  • Fall in love, again (August 2016)
  • Complete 2 open courses a year 2015: (2/2) 2016: (2/2) 2017: (2/2)
  • Watch the sun rise and set in one day (May 2017)
  • Unplug all electronic devices for a whole weekend (Fall and Winter 2016)
  • Double my daily water intake (Winter 2016/17)
  • Make a homemade treat for a friend (Fall 2016)
  • Leave 10 positive notes on someone's windshield (Summer 2016)
  • Kiss someone on New Year's Eve (December 2016)
  • Blog every day for a whole month (see the Blog-tember posts here)
  • Submit an essay/story into a writing contest (May 2017)
  • Submit one of my pictures in a photography contest (March 2017)
  • Inspire someone to write their own list (June 2017)

Here is what I still need to complete...

  • Read 10 books from the Back to University list (9/10)
  • Make 10 compassion kits to hand out to homeless/those in need
  • Send one handwritten note or card to a friend every month for a year (6/12)
  • Have one of my posts published in a national magazine/website (submitting some pieces this month!)
  • Take a day trip to Sandy Point State Park
  • Go apple picking
  • Fill an entire journal
  • Host a holiday-themed cookie swap (coming later this year!)
  • Write a novel [NaNoWriMo
  • Do a headstand
  • Photograph and research my antique tea china collection (working on it this month!)
  • Go to Baltimore to visit the National Aquarium
  • Go to one of my nephew's football games and see my niece cheer
  • Make 10 recipes from Pinterest (7/10) (cheesy cauliflower bake from Simple as That, slow cooker creamy garlic mashed potatoes from Cooking Classy, chewy ginger molasses cookies from Gimme Some Oven, slow cooker black bean taco chili from Baked by Rachel, scotcheroos from Scotcheroos.net, overnight cinnamon rolls from Your Homebased Mom, chicken and broccoli alfredo by Damn Delicious)
  • Order the PowerSheets from Lara Casey and Make It Happen!
  • Visit Williamsburg, VA at Christmastime
  • Get a FitBit and use it
  • Complete 10 craft/DIY projects from Pinterest (2/10) (DIY marbled vasemarbled stationery
  • Travel to see family I don't get to see very often
  • Go on a hike in Great Falls, VA
  • Complete 100 Days project (started April 4, 2017!)
  • Learn to crochet
  • Take a photo of nature every day for a month (7/30)
  • Get all siblings together for a game night
  • Read 10 books I loved as a child (7/10)
  • Go on a picnic
  • Go to a local bloggers meet-up
  • Complete the entire Spanish section on Duolingo (started January 2017)
  • Paint 10 pieces (6/10)
  • Knit winter accessories for donation
  • Do portraits for my family
  • Tone up and fit into my clothes better
  • Do one thing that scares me
  • Finish writing non-fiction book
  • Practice hand lettering every day for a month (0/30)
  • Donate food and toys to a local animal shelter
  • Go to a paint nite
  • Start a new holiday tradition
  • Take a day trip to Skyline Drive
  • Donate items to a food bank
  • Visit Charlottesville, VA
  • Watch all episodes of The West Wing  (71/156)
  • Take an art class at the Torpedo Factory
  • Have a girl's night out
  • Spend a day at Assateague Island
  • Spend some time researching and updating family history
  • Visit a state I've never been to
  • Write a letter to a soldier overseas
  • Go to the ballet (planning to take my niece to see The Nutcracker this year)
  • Attend a blog conference
  • Volunteer at a local SPCA
  • Go berry picking
  • Memorize all countries in the world and states in the US (with niece)
  • Do portraits of the fuzzies
  • Watch airplanes land at Gravelly Point Park
  • See a total solar eclipse (next one is August 21, 2017)
  • Take pictures at the National Arboretum
  • Watch all of Nicholas Sparks movies (8/12) (The Longest Ride, Safe Haven, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, Dear John, Safe Haven, Nights in Rodanthe, The Last Song)
  • Write a children's book
At my count, that's 42/101 things I've checked off, which means I have a lot of work to do during the next six months! You can stay up to date by clicking the 101 in 1001 tab at the top of the page and see how much my count changes over the next half year!

Have you ever done a bucket list like this before? How many goals did you have and how many did you check off?

The post 101 in 1001 - A Day Zero Project | The Final Six Months first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

25 comments:

  1. Stephanie ParrellJune 7, 2017 at 8:27 AM

    I love love love this idea! How long did it take you to write this? I think I am going to start on mine soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just took about a day. I had a running bucket list already and broke some of those tasks down into manageable ones that could be completed in the timeframe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie ParrellJune 7, 2017 at 9:03 AM

    I don't have a written bucket list yet. I think I will get on that though. Happiness is all about small achievable goals. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to see your progress! You're doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, I love this list! Especially all the VA things. ;) But also, yay for the National Aquarium. One of my favorite places. You're making awesome progress, love! You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unbelievable. Good for you and all of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 42/101 is great! And there are a lot of others that are close to completion too- that's awesome! I like that a lot of the items on your list seem very doable/attainable. I'm doing this project as well. So far I've completed 33/101, but my end date is September 2018. Good luck in the last stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, friend! I am really excited about checking off some of these local things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Thanks for coming by to check out the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley StephensonJune 7, 2017 at 2:20 PM

    I did a 101 in 1001 and I am about at the same point as you. I kind of gave up though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I am just about to start my second one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. shootingstarsmagJune 7, 2017 at 4:07 PM

    I think you're doing a great job! Keep at it! I hope you get most of the list checked off - if not all. I just turned 27 so I'm thinking about doing a 30 Before 30 list. I just need to write things down!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should try to pick it up again. It might be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I haven't decided if I'll do another after this one is over yet...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lauren. And that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing list, and you have accomplished so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joscelyn | WifemamafoodieJune 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM

    I love this idea! I bet it's nice to look back and see all you've accomplished! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is such an amazing endeavor and fun project. I would love to do something like this and have a record to come back to see at all that i've done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should, Jennifer. It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a lot of progress! It's good to list our goals.

    ReplyDelete