Thursday, June 01, 2017

Hello June | Goals

A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life.



Hey, friend! Can you believe we are in June already? The year is moving so fast and my brother is already counting down the days until Christmas. That's a little overboard, in my opinion. Now that June is here, I'm setting some new goals and looking back at how last month panned out. Do you set goals every month?

My goals for May. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day Yes! I managed to eat healthy all month long and I'm feeling great because of it!
  • Workout every day this month Giving myself a pat on the back because I completed a workout (sometimes two) every day in May.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month Yes, I published seventeen posts last month.
  • Read twenty books from my reading list I read exactly twenty books in May, finishing the last one just yesterday.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative Sure did. I did a lot of work in my collage journal and did some knitting.
  • Complete the May Bible-in-a-year section Complete!
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest I have finally gotten through every article I've pinned on Pinterest. I did a whole lot of reading, but it's nice to have removed all the pins with dead links or inaccurate information.
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest I made a yummy chicken and broccoli alfredo and the family loved it. (P.S. Make your own alfredo sauce in the future. It's worth it!)
  • Write two freelance articles
  • Do one craft/DIY project I've pinned on Pinterest I didn't get around to this one, but hopefully this month.
  • Complete one open course I did two: a literature course and one on linguistics.
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries I journaled Ecclesiastes 3 and Philippians 4:6-7.
  • Refresh my social media bios and headshots I did both and I'm thrilled to have them done. I really needed that update.
  • Go through the hundreds of bookmarks I have saved on Chrome Done! I didn't know it was possible to bookmark the same article multiple times but I caught quite a few of those. My bookmarks now contain only pages I need to access frequently. Yay!
  • Create some photo collage templates for an upcoming project I started on this project but it's not completely done yet because I have to figure out how many photos I need to include in the collage. Will finish it up this month!
My verse for June: "One gives freely yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered." Proverbs 11:24-25 (ESV)

My SHARE action for this month: Do something selflessly for someone else.

And my goals for June...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day
  • Workout every day this month and swim three times a week if weather permits
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
  • Read twenty books from my reading list (including one from the BTU and children's lists)
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative
  • Complete the June Bible-in-a-year section
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Write four freelance articles
  • Complete one open course
  • Do one craft/DIY project I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Photograph and research my antique tea china
  • Take a photo of nature every day this month and share on Instagram
  • Clean and organize my mother's basement (HUGE task)
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello June | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

35 comments:

  1. Alexandra ArmstrongJune 1, 2017 at 8:48 AM

    Your goals are an inspiration. I feel like I'm standing still in comparison! Loved discovering your blog and followed your FB page. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for coming by and leaving your sweet comment, Alexandra! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a good month! I love the goals you set for yourself. And 20 books in one month? I'm lucky if I read one, I think. Good luck in june. Love your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa PedersenJune 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM

    Nice job on doing so well on your goals! That's something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Marissa! Hope you have a lovely June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you crossing everything off but one! That's awesome! I'm super impressed! I hope you rock your June goals just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes what a productive month you had! Seriously, though, I gotta give you credit. That's a lot. And kudos for sticking to your clean eating and working out. That takes hard work to stick to your goals and not waiver; I'm impressed. :)
    I definitely need to update my bios and about section on my blog, but I never get around to it. Again, putting me to shame. Just kidding, you're just reminding me of all the things I've got to do but never get around to it.
    That Proverbs verse is everything. I love it and I have to share it. Thanks for the inspiration girl.
    I hope you have a wonderful day, hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's the first time I've ever completed so many goals in one month. I'm aiming for all of them in June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all those crossed out goals. You KILLED it girl! Here's to an amazing Jun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! You are too sweet. I hope you have a fantastic day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang girl, you kicked butt in May, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth JohnsonJune 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM

    Girl, you crushed your goals for May! Way to go! I love getting inspiration and motivation from other people's monthly goals. You gave me a kick in the pants I needed to go crush my goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much. I had to kick myself in the pants to get it all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so impressed with how well you did with all your goals. Rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did awesome with your May goals! Good luck this month! I'm hoping to write some freelance articles as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Taylor! Can't wait to read what you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your goal of eating clean! YOu did awesome in May!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were so productive in May!

    ReplyDelete
  19. shootingstarsmagJune 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM

    Oh wow, you did a great job on your May goals. That's awesome! I'm sure you'll do even BETTER in June. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you're really cooking with steam! So much done. *applause*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy moly look at all you achieved last month! Eating well and exercising were both on my goal list too, but I mostly failed that haha. Maybe this month I'll do better. :P
    Good luck in achieving all you set out to in June. You can do it! :)

    Christie's Take on Life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eating well is a struggle, especially when everyone around you ISN'T. Hope you do well on your goals in June!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job on crossing off those goals! I want to finish 2 books and take my daughter to a duck pond (she has learned the word "duck")!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did amazing with your May goals! Good luck with your June ones too!

    ReplyDelete