Monday, June 05, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 80

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy." - Fred De Witt Van Amburgh

Hiya, friends. I hope you all had a relaxing weekend because it is sure to be a busy week. I enjoyed mine and spent a lot of time thinking about the next few weeks and what they hold. The pool is finally up but the water is still a bit cold. It's been dropping down into the 50s overnight, so I don't think I'll be swimming for a few weeks yet. Until then, I'm crossing my fingers for some hot days to heat that water up. Hope you all have a great week!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Techy friends who don't mind helping a sister out. I had some software that got downloaded to my laptop as part of a "bundle" from an Adobe program I had to get. Long story short, I could NOT get this stuff off my computer, no matter what I tried. Thanks to some awesome friends in IT, the offending program is gone. #praisehands
  • Fitness progress. I've been kicking my butt the last few months trying to work through some of the side effects of the medications I'm on and yesterday was a check-in day with measurements and y'all, the numbers are coming down! Hallelujah!
  • My blackout poetry and collage journal. It is so therapeutic to create something out of someone else's words and it's a hobby that relaxes me at the end of a long day but doesn't require a whole lot of supplies.
  • New books. When a publisher offers to send you some new books, the obvious answer is, YES! So excited to have some new reading material over the next several weeks.
  • ASMR. I first talked about it in this post and I am still so grateful. When I have a lot weighing on my mind like I have lately, I pop my ear buds in and drift off to sleep.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 80 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

24 comments:

  1. ASMR! So there is a word for it! I got stuck watching the shiny cake icing videos last week! Today I am grateful for friends who take their time out to come visit me, since I can't just up and visit them anymore. And to have the boys home so I am not alone during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie ParrellJune 5, 2017 at 8:14 AM

    I love the idea of a weekly gratitude post! Also I am just checking out your blog and loving what I have found! Love the layout and your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay new books and fitness progress! I hope it warms up more so you can enjoy your pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for my fitness progress lately too. Are the numbers going down? I'm not actually sure but I'm FEELING better in my skin and I have more energy to push through tougher workouts than I had been and that is progress I am SO grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. shootingstarsmagJune 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM

    Ooh yay for some new books headed your way! I can't wait to hear about them. I want to try blackout poetry. I've read others and it looks so fun.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great things to be grateful for! And yes, there is a name! There are SO MANY accounts on YouTube and I have an entire playlist of my favorites that I listen to if I'm trying to sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Stephanie! I just got your email and will respond to you in a bit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting you say that. I've always heard that when you start a new fitness program, especially weight training, not to rely on the scale so much because muscle weighs more than fat but it is smaller in comparison. My clothes are fitting better and the actual measurements are improving, so that is all I can ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved doing blackout poetry. It's a lot more difficult than I originally thought it would be, but I look at it like a puzzle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robert StukowskiJune 5, 2017 at 10:04 PM

    50s are great swimming temperatures.

    I'm grateful for summer internet cartoon releases, good music, and the security systems I had recently installed in my house. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a little jealous of your cooler weather! It's been in the 90's here mostly. Yay for new books!! Today, I am grateful for my amazing family for helping with my wedding planning. I have a lot more to be grateful for though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are wonderful things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, hot temps already! Wedding planning is so much fun, but it does take a family to do it sometimes. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh I'm so glad you got that computer issue taken care of--I've definitely crashed my computer more times than I care to admit (perks of having an IT boyfriend--he fixes most of my mistakes, ha!).

    Yay for new reading materials, collage journaling, and feeling better thanks to fitness regimen!!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, computer issues can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for new books!! Is that a new photo on your profile too?? Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for new books! ITs the simple things that can bring so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I did some new headshots to update the blog and all my social sites. Thanks, love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So true! For me, it will always be books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post...it is always nice to read positive things! Congrats on your fitness progress!!! And yay for new books! I LOVE reading, and I love that simple things like that can bring such happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always so great reading positive things! This definitely put me in a better mindset at work today. Glad to see that the little things really do mean the most!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for coming by to read, Isabella!

    ReplyDelete