Monday, June 19, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 82

 Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Hi, strangers. It's been a few days since I've written here and I'm sorry if you stopped by looking for something new from me. The truth is, things got quite hectic in my head and I needed to step back and reassess. I had all but convinced myself to shut down this site by late last week and am still not in a good place, but these gratitude posts are such good therapy for me, if you can call it that. I think it's so important when even in your darkest times, to remember to be grateful. Those little things that could easily get overlooked could just as easily make your day better.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • That one friend who checks up on me, even when he doesn't need to. After all that we've been through, I am grateful to have you in my life.
  • The ability to step back and take a break. A lot of people in professional jobs don't always have the opportunity to do this and I'm glad I can. Although I don't like neglecting my commitments here on the blog, sometimes it's necessary to hit pause and make sure my head is in the right place.
  • My dad. Yesterday, we celebrated the patriarch of my family and he holds a special place in my heart. I was just a baby when he took me in as his own and he has never made me feel like I'm anything other than his own blood. Growing up, I watched as he worked tirelessly to provide for our large family and he taught me so many things including the importance of a strong work ethic.
  • You! That's right, I'm grateful for the amazing people who stop by to visit the blog even on days when I don't share anything new. Your time is valuable and when you are online, I know there are a million other things vying for your attention, so I am honored when you give a little of that precious time to me and what I write here. Thank you!
  • Hope and faith. If you've ever struggled with depression, especially when you can't see the end of the darkness, you know that all you can do is hold on to hope and faith that things will get better soon. At the moment, that's all I have, so I'm reaching out for that.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 82 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

10 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for--especially for an awesome dad who loves you and cares for your family--that is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you, friend. I'm glad that even during the dark times, you see things to be grateful for. And selfishly, I'm glad you didn't decide to shut down the site. Sending you lots of light and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're finding some light in what sounds like a bit of a dark time. Many hugs to you, and I'm so happy to hear you are able to step back and take a necessary break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that about your dad. It's so true what they say. Family has nothing to do with blood. It's about the people that hold significance in your life and who you choose to surround yourself with.

    <3

    Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this--especially that last bullet. Sometimes I need a gentle reminder :)

    Your poppa sounds like a wonderful man <3 hope he had a very happy Father's Day and that you enjoyed your weekend, my seeet!!

    ReplyDelete