Saturday, July 01, 2017

Hello July | Goals

 A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life.



Well, hello July. It seems like just yesterday, it was the holiday season and now here we are in the middle of the year and soon, we'll be counting down the days until the holidays yet again. Time slows for no one, but I have to admit that I've been searching for that emergency break for quite a while now so we can slow down and savor the season. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful July! 

My goals for June. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day I was pretty good this month, except I did break and have a Dairy Queen blizzard earlier in June. We'll call it sort of a mental health aid, but I've been good since then.
  • Workout every day this month and swim three times a week I was doing great until the last ten days of the month. I'm kind of annoyed with myself because I was starting to see some major changes in my body and my clothes were fitting better. Without beating myself up too badly, I'm going to call today day one and kick it into high gear this month.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month EEHHH! Try again. This was not a consistent month for my writing but I made a promise that I wouldn't put anything on this blog unless my heart was behind it, so a little break from this place was necessary. 
  • Read twenty books from my reading list (including one from the BTU and children's lists) I didn't quite make twenty but I did manage to read the rest of the books on both my BTU and children's list, so that's a win. Eleven books marked read and several others started.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative Nope.
  • Complete the June Bible-in-a-year section Yes. I did complete all of June.
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries No.
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest I did a little bit of cooking last month but they were all recipes I either created myself or Pinterest ones I've already tried.
  • Write four freelance articles Sadly, no. I have a few deadlines I'd like to meet in the early part of this month, so I'm going to focus on getting these planned out asap.
  • Complete one open course Yes, I completed my second open course of the year and am checking this task off my 101 in 1001 list, but I'll probably take a few more in the second half of the year.
  • Do one craft/DIY project I've pinned on Pinterest No.
  • Photograph and research my antique tea china Nope.
  • Take a photo of nature every day this month Yes! I took a photo of nature every day in June and shared them on Instagram.
  • Clean and organize my mother's basement No. She was preoccupied so we didn't even get in the basement. This month, maybe?
My verse for July: "For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too." II Corinthians 1:5 (ESV)

My SHARE action for this month: share my heart.

And my goals for July...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month
  • Workout every day this month and swim as much as possible
  • Stick to my editorial calendar
  • Read twenty books
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative
  • Complete the July Bible-in-a-year section
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries
  • Write four freelance articles and plan out three others
  • Make one recipe I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Do two craft/DIY projects I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Complete one open course
  • Photograph and research my antique tea china
  • Build up my social media calendar and share lots of posts by fellow bloggers
  • Update older post photos
  • Update my email newsletter
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello July | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

22 comments:

  1. I need to get back into the habit of setting monthly goals! Thanks for inspiring me. Also, I think it's great that you took the time to listen to your mind and body and take the break you needed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting goals keeps me motivated. I'd be so lazy if I didn't have something to push me forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress. I'm less structured in my goals but efforts to be more physically active have occurred, largely spurred by better weather. Enjoy July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! The nice weather does help motivate me to get out and stay fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the one hour for creativity each week--that sounds fun! Although I know how hard it can be to set aside the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I have to make time for my passions or I wouldn't be a happy person. It is so hard to set aside the time, but I make a point to schedule it in my planner each week. Sometimes it doesn't always get done, but I try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to eat healthy and exercise a lot too lately and I'm proud of myself because I've stuck to it so far but sometimes mental health aids in the form of a dairy blizzard are necessary for your sanity, especially since this has been such a rough year. Don't be too hard on yourself about the exercising thing either because it can be tough at times and we all falter from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree with you more, Channing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of updating old post photos. I really need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to revisit old posts and update them to give them a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your goals, although 20 books in a month seems a bit unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to read, so it's usually easy to accomplish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great goals! And good luck with them! You gave me some ideas of what I should do this month hahaha

    xx, Melissa
    https://elephantontheroad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Melissa! I hope you have a wonderful July!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jennifer SchmidtJuly 3, 2017 at 6:40 PM

    You did good! You crossed off one so maybe in July you will cross off 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. June was a really terrible month for me. I usually cross them all off, so that's what I'm aiming for in July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you set goals for yourself! I really need to do this. I think this is a great idea to help stay on track throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your goals! I really need to get my editorial calendar together as well, and of course stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's what keeps me going every month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keeping an editorial calendar makes content creation so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love reading these types of goal posts! They provide such great inspiration! Best of luck, I hope you crush every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by to read, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete