Monday, July 31, 2017

Monthly Reflections | July

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections



July is almost out the door and August crept up on us very quickly, didn't it? This month has been a roller coaster ride with lots of frustrations and celebrations alike. I can't wait to see what next month holds, but for the time being, let's take a look back at the last few weeks and recap what I've been up to.

My verse of the month: "For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too." II Corinthians 1:5 (ESV)

My SHARE action this month: share my heart

Lately, I've been...

Listening: Stay by Dimond Saints feat. Yaarrohs - the ultimate groovy yoga music.
Making:  conversation.
Cooking:  lasagna at 11:00 pm with my brother. We both keep weird hours and have weird cravings.
Drinking:  water and green tea.
Reading:  a behind-the-scenes book about the movie The Princess Bride called As You Wish and many more.
Wanting:  the miles to be minutes.
Looking:  to the night sky with the Night Sky app. So in love!
Playing:  the game.
Wasting:  time sleeping when I should be working. Med changes are hard on a body and a sleeping schedule.
Wishing:  on Hamal, the brightest star in the Aries constellation. <3
Creating: files of my favorite poetry. Been in the mood lately.
Enjoying:  some of my old school ASMR peeps in the middle of the night. Thank goodness for them.
Waiting:  patiently. And sometimes, not so patiently.
Liking:  the peace and quiet I've had this last week.
Eating:  lasagna, which is not gluten free.
Wondering:  what August will bring.
Loving:  cool July evenings. A rarity in these parts.
Hoping:  I'll be able to see the Perseid meteor shower this year.
Missing:  my motivation. Trying to bring it back in August.
Writing:  stories I've never told.
Needing:  a beach trip. Perhaps this fall?
Photographing: my cats. Yes, I'm that woman who does portraits of her feline friends. Don't judge me.
Smelling:  like Japanese cherry blossom.
Wearing:  sweatshirts. It's been chilly here in the evenings!
Following:  all things political on Twitter. Anyone else share different sides of themselves on each social media site?
Noticing:  patience pays off... even though I don't like being patient.
Watching:  old movies. Like, Cary Grant, old. (And #SharkWeek)
Knowing:  it's going to be a long four years.
Craving:  pumpkin pie. I know... Too soon, Lecy! Too soon!
Working:  on some narrative medicine.
Thinking:  about some big decisions I have to make.
Bookmarking:  articles about novel writing. Almost time for NaNoWriMo!
Opening:  hearts. Sometimes they can be like those little lockets that are so difficult to pry open.
Feeling:  excited for what's to come.

What have you been up to in July?

The post Monthly Reflections | July first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

26 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read As You Wish, I love the Princess Bride! And I wish it was cool enough here for sweatshirts, I'm kind of ready for that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this - very creative! July has been a whirlwind for me, I'm working on doing Blogtober. So much planning involved it's nonstop haha

    xx
    The Felicia Renee | a minimalist lifestyle & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg yes to the whole "different sides of self" on different social media sites. I'm ALL over the political conversation on Twitter. It doesn't help that our POTUS triggers conversation at odd hours of the night. It's the first thing I check when I wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved the days that have felt a bit cooler myself. This is why I love living somewhere with seasons and weather changes because just when I'm getting sick of one thing, Mother Nature usually brings about a change, whether a warm-up or cool-down. (Usually). But I too am hoping for some more motivation in August, so here's to the intention of us both making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too soon for pumpkin pie! ;) I'm right there with ya. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke @ wreckingroutineJuly 31, 2017 at 2:36 PM

    I have actually never seen a Cary Grant movie. Any favorites you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth JohnsonJuly 31, 2017 at 3:37 PM

    Such a great post! I love that verse. It gives a sense of peace. I really like how you do your monthly recap. I have not seen one like this before. July has been productive and full of making plans for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send some of that cool weather this way. Its crazy hot. Lasagna sounds so good. I miss having my siblings close. Mmmm pumpkin pie aounds so good. Is it ever to early? LOL. have an amazing week dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. shootingstarsmagJuly 31, 2017 at 9:28 PM

    I can't believe tomorrow is August either. I really need to get back into my personal writing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just started it but it's so good! Read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have a busy few months ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I can't have the political conversation (or be my honest self) anywhere other than Twitter. People are bolder there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for August and for cooler weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! I can always go for some pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crazy how tomorrow is already August! I think I said this on your last recap post but I seriously love how you break these posts down - very unique! Also i take loads of photos of my cats too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An Affair To Remember is one of my favorites! Think a 1950's version of Sleepless in Seattle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! I got the idea for the style of this post from Anna who used to have the blog Rich As Kings. I liked it because it was an extended version of the usual Currently posts. Hope you have a great August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would send it your way. I've been watching those 100+ days you all have been having. Stay cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you have a goal for August? Hope you have a great week, Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad I'm not the only cat lady around here! I have a 16-year-old cat that my family has had since he was a kitten, who I think is on his way downhill, so I want to get some good photos of him before that time comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing for Pumpkin is not bad at all!! I am so ready for all things Fall! This year has really gone by quickly but we are so close to our pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for pumpkin! Hope you have a great week, Mistle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This month flew by! This whole year is flying by!

    Oh, I love lasagna... haven't made it in forever. Thanks for the reminder :)
    I totally do the same with social media... all my political rants go on Twitter or in a specific Facebook group!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't had lasagna in so long and it sounded good the other night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was just talking to my husband about how pumpkin will be here soon! That makes my day!

    ReplyDelete