Monday, July 03, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 83

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Happy Monday! It's so crazy to think that we are now officially halfway through 2017. I enjoy that "clean slate" feeling that comes along with the new season and I'm hoping to make the best of it this month. Tomorrow is Independence Day here in the states, so I'll be away from the blog while I do the family thing, but come back on Wednesday for my June reading recap. :)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My sister on her birthday! She is the next second oldest in our family, right below me and is one of my best friends. She is a wonderful mother and a super awesome trauma nurse in our local emergency room. I'm so blessed to have her as part of my family and I hope she has a great birthday!
  • A pool full of kids. We had a family cookout on Sunday and all six of the nieces and nephews were in attendance. It was a lot of fun watching them jumping in and out of the pool and they had a blast making me record slo-mo videos of them making a splash.
  • Recorded messages via texts from friends. They put a big smile on my face this week.
  • A Lazarus moment. An invaluable something that I thought was dead came back to life. All the praise hands, right here.
  • Sleeping in on a Sunday morning. Could anything be better?

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 83 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

27 comments:

  1. Your blueberries picture reminds me that I got to eat blueberries this weekend and that is a very happy thing indeed! The family cookout sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My sister wanted one of those American flag fruit cookies for her birthday cake this year, so I put strawberries and blueberries on it. Berries are so good this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one of the slo-mo vids on your IG stories, it looked like so much fun!! :) Glad you guys had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gratitude is a healthy emotion and these are wonderful things to celebrate. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! They had a really good time. Tell a bunch of pre-teens you can make slo-mo videos of them and they'll give you content to film ALL. DAY. LONG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Hope you are having a nice long holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your sister! And have a great time with your family tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will! Hope you have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I slept in on Sunday also and it was simply everything!! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your sister! And YAY for pool time and sleeping in. Thats what summer is all about :) Have a happy and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Kim! Hope you and the family have a great 4th too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! Sleeping in on Sunday mornings is one of my favourite things to do. Sounds like you have had some awesome family time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sleeping in is such a luxury! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda Frazier | The Light OwlJuly 3, 2017 at 9:36 PM

    How is it possible we are already halfway through the year!? Love that you express gratitude in the little moments, and share them with all of us! You seem to have a great outlook on life and I'm excited to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sleeping in is the best! :) Happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sleeping in on a Sunday morning! Love that you celebrate that because it truly is a joy to be able to do that! We all should do more of that <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sleeping in for the win!! :) I actually slept in until 545 this morning instead of 5 because I'm so tired. I just want to nap an entire day, but that she what NEXT weekend is for. :)
    I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing July 4th with the fam. Hanging out by a pool sounds lovely right about now, it's so humid here but I won't complain. :)

    Have a good one, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could use a day-long nap, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A Lazarus moment...so cool! Can I ask what it was????

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was a gaming system if that shows how much of a nerd I am. LOL!

    ReplyDelete