Monday, July 24, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 86

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Morning, friends. After having a pretty rotten weekend, I'm not feeling the fact that Monday is here already, but alas, it is. I think, instead of an inspirational quote, I need an extra big mug of caffeine today. I know I can't be the only one, so I'll make a large pot to share. :)

P.S. Can you believe this is the last week before August?? So much to do, so much to do. I'm going to jump right into the post and wish you a lovely Monday!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A family celebration. Sunday would have been my brother's 31st birthday and even though he is no longer with us, my family always celebrates the day. The whole gang spent the day together in the pool and over big pans of lasagna. We definitely value family gatherings more now and it's always nice we can get everyone together.
  • Old movies. I've been in a classic movie and musical mood lately and have been binging on them via On Demand. 
  • Friends who talk me down off ledges. These friends know who they are. <3
  • A fishsitting job. My brother is going to be out of town this week and while he is gone, I am caring for his fish. This job basically involves feeding them, making sure the lobster isn't eating the fish and spending a lot of time staring into the tank and zoning out. There is something so relaxing about watching fish go about their day. In case you can't tell, I'm excited about this job.
  • Finding focus. Earlier this year, I wrote a post where I shared this quote: "I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me." and it seems like the last few months, while in a funk, I've gotten away from this idea. I'm beginning to focus on this principle again and think I'm going to be doing a lot of walking soon.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 86 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a tough weekend, I hope it is a better week! I like that quote too, learning to love the sound of your feet walking away from things not meant for you. That's a really great way to think of the things that just don't work out for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that quote interesting? Hope you have a great week, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had a rough weekend, but it's great that your family still celebrates your brother's birthday every year. I hope fish sitting goes well and is relaxing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite quotes, because it's so true. Walking away from toxic things is such an empowering feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote on finding focus. It's so simple but so impactful. I was away for a friend's bachelorette party this weekend and realized that 2 days went by when I didn't meditate and it's crazy how different my mindset was from those 2 days of taking it off since I couldn't get a few minutes by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me." That is such a beautiful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family time is always good for the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing! When I get out of my routine, my entire days is different and sort of off kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you had a rotten weekend but happy you got to celebrate your Brother with family. It is important to always keep their memory alive.
    I was in a month long funk too. UGH. I need something but I am not really sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what the funk is all about. I've heard a lot of people say they are going through one too. Mine is kind of the reverse of Season Affective Disorder. I usually deal with depression in the winter when the days are shorter and there's not as much light, but I feel like I'm struggling with that now. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry sweetie! I feel you though. I am not sure what it is. I know moving away from my friends and family has something to do with it. I feel isolated. Don't get me wrong, I love living with Mr. J but the not having any friends near by is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is hard to move away from everyone! I know it's not the same, but you have lots of internet friends who care about you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks sweetie! It does help.

    ReplyDelete