Friday, August 04, 2017

Links to Love | 100

Sharing my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites



Hi, friends. It's been a week! I've been so busy but also so exhausted and I'm excited about a few quiet days this weekend. My family is celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday tomorrow, so I'll have to be on for a little while, but other than that, I will be laying low and doing some relaxing. What are your weekend plans?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • What happens when you gather the best black & white photos of children? This. | BoredPanda (header image credit: Paulina Duczman)
  • 5 things you need to know about compatibility from Dr. Gary Chapman by Maria Walley | Verily Magazine
  • This woman left her corporate job to hike the PCT and met the love of her life by Leigh Weingus | MindBodyGreen
  • Pretty girls don't get less than 100 likes on their selfie by Aly McHenry | Thought Catalog
On the blogosphere:
Here on A Simpler Grace:

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 100 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

18 comments:

  1. Excellent links. I love the "pretty girls" article on how pervasive social media has become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely! Those web links all sound so interesting, especially the black and white photos of children, I should do more with my pictures in black and white, it adds an interesting element. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotAugust 4, 2017 at 12:30 PM

    Great list of fun reads! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shout out! :) And I love that PCT article. I want to do the same, except hike the Appalachian Trail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great finds. Mia's article is really interesting - I never knew SAD could happen in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a great, relaxing weekend.

    I think visiting New Zealand would be great!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love black and white photos. I think we sometimes put too much value in color and when you remove it, you see the story in the photograph more. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Penny! Hope you have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome! And I also want to do the Appalachian Trail. I live about a mile away from one of this area's main entrances to the trail and it literally goes through my backyard, but I haven't actually hiked it yet. I need to get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I think the medical term is Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it is a very real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to visit New Zealand. I have some friends from there and I'm often jealous of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of those links sounds amazing. I loved reading Mia's post. Thank you for sharing. I definitely have to check out the rest of the links.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for coming by to read. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome links! I liked the post on compatibility :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mia's blog post was by far my favourite. A lot of people don't know that you can suffer from depression in the summer and it's wicked hard. Your post as well - Dear Fighter was as equally brilliant and so brave. So proud of the both of you for sharing such hard pieces but ones that will help so many. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Kim and you're right. Mia's post was fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete