Saturday, September 02, 2017

Hello September | Goals

I'm sharing the monthly goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life. #goals



"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis

It's Saturday and I'm working. This is how September starts. I can't complain, though. I had planned on working this weekend because I have a lot of writing and reading to do. So, hello September. Let's get to it.

My goals for August. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month Yes, even though I didn't have much of an appetite and barely ate anything at all, I did stick to my clean and gluten-free diet. Though my body was under the weather, my gut had no complaints about my meal choices.
  • Workout every day this month No. I spent a lot of time this month in doctors offices and the hospital laboratory because I've felt generally crappy lately. Turns out, I have been critically anemic which is why I've been so exhausted. Thankfully, my doctor put me on an iron supplement and I hope to be back to my normal exercise routine in September.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar Yep, after adding a few items to the calendar, I shared nineteen posts in August!
  • Read twenty books and finish my Ancient Classic & Greek Mythology list Yes, but no. I read twenty books (hooray!) but missed my classic & mythology goal by one book, which is on hold at my library. As soon as I receive that book, I'll have completed this part of the goal too!
  • Complete the August Bible-in-a-year section Yes! On to September!
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries Yes! I journaled Hebrews 6:19 and Ruth 1:15-18.
  • Write four freelance articles and outline three others Done and done! Plus, I added a guest post to the list. That one will go live next, so stay tuned for details.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative I did some acrylic and watercolor painting as well as a few pages in my blackout poetry/art journal.
  • Make two recipes I've pinned on Pinterest I made creamed chicken over biscuits for my dad (which he loved) and tuna cakes - delicious!
  • Do two DIY/craft projects I've pinned on Pinterest The projects I selected for this month were both watercolor painting. One was a floral wreath monogram and the other was a floral swatch chart.
  • Photograph and research my antique tea china Done! I got some photos and am working on researching each piece. A few don't have any markings on them, so they are taking a bit more time to track down information on, but I'm having a lot of fun learning about antique English tea bone china.
  • Update my email newsletter So excited! Yes!! I have the layout done and am working on writing the first edition, which will go out this weekend. Sign up here if you haven't already.
  • Complete one open course I completed an American Literature course. :)
  • Do portraits of the cats Yes, and I'm so glad I got this project done. The older of the two cats passed this week (we've been expecting it) and it was good to have some recent photos of him. 
  • Do something that scares me Eek! I was terrified to submit a pitch for a magazine and am happy to report that my article was selected to be featured in the January 2018 edition. I'll share more details as we get closer!
  • Watch the Perseids meteor shower and the total solar eclipse This is a toss-up. I was up to watch the Perseids, but we had overcast skies and rain that night, so I wasn't able to watch them like I'd planned. I did watch a live-stream from the other side of the country, so I saw them, but it wasn't the same. Next year, though. I did see the eclipse. I wasn't as excited about this, but it was neat to see everyone make a big deal of it. :)
And my goals for September...
  • Workout five days a week
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month
  • Stick to my editorial calendar
  • Read twenty books and complete my Ancient Classic & Greek Mythology list
  • Complete the September Bible-in-a-year section
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries
  • Write four freelance articles and outline three others
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative
  • See my nephew play football and watch my niece cheer
  • Do two DIY/craft projects I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Complete one open course
  • Guest post on one blog and pitch another
  • Launch my newsletter!
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello September | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

18 comments:

  1. All these yes's! You're operating on full throttle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did all that FEELING SICK most of the month?! You're just making the rest of us look bad now, ha ha :) But seriously, that's amazing that you were able to do so much in the month. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing the goals accomplished!! And it probably helps you stick to them knowing that you've shared them too =) #motivationatitsbest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got so much accomplished in August! I'm glad they finally found out you have anemia; I hope that means you will feel MUCH better this month.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! My intention was not to make anyone else look bad. ;D Most of this stuff was "quiet work" or stuff that I can do without needing to be too physical, so it was manageable. Plus, I am the type of person who feels guilty for being in bed all day. I HAVE to be doing something or I'll go insane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Abi! This is true. I do have some friends who help hold me accountable, but I have always been my biggest critic and most of the pressure to succeed at my goals comes from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Lauren! I'm glad I finally have an answer for the health stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you had to spend so much time at the doctors in august, but hopefully you feel so much better now!! Congrats on crossing out pretty much everything on your August goal list! I'm sure you'll do the same for September too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Jiawun. I hope you have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you're finally feeling better! I've been making working out a priority and have been feeling pretty good about it :)

    xoxo, SS

    Southern and Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Your August & September goals are really inspiring!! I can't believe you read 20 books in a month! Way to go! That watercolour painting sounds wonderful as well!
    All the best with your September goals!! I'm sure you could easily achieve them starting with a C.S. Lewis quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you killed your August goals! Good luck on your September ones! You've definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Hope you have a great September too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Felicia! I hope you have a wonderful September!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I wish I was as successful as you are with completing goals! I would love to read 20 books in one month, but I just can't find the focus. Inspirational post :) I need to get to work haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like to stay busy! :) Hope you have a great September, Johanne!

    ReplyDelete