Friday, September 08, 2017

Links to Love | 105

 I'm sharing my favorite reads from the week on the blog today!  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites



Hi, guys. So lately, it's felt like the world is falling apart. First, it was Hurricane Harvey and now Irma, Jose, and Katia are bearing down on us. On top of that, there are the wildfires in the northwest states and Canada and flooding in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. These are just the natural disasters. There are so many other negative headlines and bad things happening to people. In light of all this heaviness, I wanted to share some links that might be encouraging. Below, are things that will make you smile, bring you relief and give you hope.

My hope for this weekend is that you take some time for self-care and that all my friends who are in areas being affected by storms and fires and floods, stay safe. You are all in my prayers.

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • This one is for the Harry Potter fans... Phi Demientieff | Bored Panda
  • 4 keys to compatibility (according to professional matchmakers) by Taylor Davies | Verily Magazine
  • 11 truths only people with chronic illness understand by Amy Kurtz | MindBodyGreen
  • Having mental health issues doesn't mean you're a bad Christian by Bonnie Gray | Relevant Magazine
On the blogosphere:
Here on A Simpler Grace:
Favorite Video of the Week:
  • In case you need a smile, here is a sweet guy who rescues two adorable puppies. (via The Dodo)

What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 105 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. Oh the puppies! How sweet! And I need to read the article with the 63 tips to read more books because man, do I struggle with that lately. Thanks for the uplifting suggestions during such a crazy time in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your summer lessons post. Know what one positive from Hurricane Harvey is? Floridians are taking Hurricane Irma seriously and getting the heck out of the way. We all saw what happened to Houston. and we've seen how people have responded when that region needed our help.

    We're ready to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those puppies made me melt! And you're welcome. Those reading tips are GOLD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is true. Florida did take this storm seriously. The sad thing is, many people are stuck there because gas stations have run out of gas or traffic on I-95 is so backed up that they've decided to stay home in shelter rather than be stranded on the roads. Such scary times for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dropped off of facebook because of all the negativity and people suck the life right out of my soul box. I needed that puppy video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facebook has been a drag lately. I chose the puppy video for that exact purpose - to put smiles on faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I loved your post on what you read and actually put a couple of books on hold at my library. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is SO much bad things happening in the world. It's rough!

    OMG that Harry Potter guinea pig photo shoot is adorable!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puppies!! That is so adorbs. I founf my first puppy in the dumpster. I had been praying for one, funny how that works.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you liked it and I hope you find a few books you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know! He makes me want a little guinea pig pet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found one of my cats in a dumpster. He was my little love bug and never left my side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that guinea pig with the glasses <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete