Monday, September 04, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 91

 Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Good Monday morning, friends. If you are in the U.S., I hope you are enjoying an extra long weekend on this Labor Day. If not, I pray your coffee is strong. :) For realz though, I hope you have a wonderful and productive day and that it kicks off a good week for you. 

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Cake. The family got together to celebrate my mom's birthday yesterday and I made a cake and icing from scratch, which I love to do. I tried fiddling around with my chocolate buttercream recipe and this time it turned out like mousse. It was so good!
  • Fall weather. Although it is feeling like summer again today, this weekend, we had gorgeous, cool weather and it put me in such a mood for fall. Can't wait until the season is officially underway.
  • Good friends who are there to listen when you need a shoulder to cry on. Also, good friends who are comfortable coming to you when they need a shoulder. These are the kinds of connections I crave and I am so grateful for them.
  • Full notebook pages. Does anyone else feel giddy when you flip through notebooks that are completely filled up with words? I have a stack of composition books that I've taken notes in and my inner student feels so happy when I feel the crinkly pages under my fingertips. Yes, I know - my nerd is showing.
  • Two years and a pocket full of memories. On a special anniversary, I can't help but hope there are many more like it to come, but only time will tell.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 91 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. That chocolate buttercream sounds so good!
    Glad you have good friends who you can lean on when you need a listening ear.
    Yes, agree with full notebook pages - bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! And I'm glad I have good friends I can count on. I'm so blessed. :) Hope you have a lovely week, Anthea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cake from scratch?! I need to talk you into being friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good friends are so very important. Im glad you have them! And yay for experimenting with frosting! Cheers to a great weekend and for a smooth week! LOL at your nerd showing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love full notebooks, but I also love the feeling of starting a brand NEW notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, cakes from scratch taste so much better than the store-bought ones. And we are already friends! If I lived closer, I'd make one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so lucky to have great friends, you included! :) Hope you and your guys have a great week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake and full notebook pages are very good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mm..homemade cake! I'm glad it turned out well. And OMG, I'm loving the fall-ish weather. My favorite season!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather could not make me happier - except if Hurricane Irma would turn around and go home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get in the mood for baking when fall approaches. :)

    ReplyDelete