Monday, September 11, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 92

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Good morning, friends and happy Monday. Today's post will be short and sweet because I have a lot to do and a limited amount of time to do it in. Hope you have a great day. Keep those coffee mugs full!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Kitty snuggles. Nothing better than a fuzzy friend to keep you company when you're feeling down.
  • Downgraded hurricanes. I'm very grateful that Irma was downgraded to a category 2 when she made landfall. It's still not the optimal situation, but it's so much better than what it could have been.
  • Bets on football games. My yearly showdown with a friend is on again between our NFL teams and I'm looking forward to collecting my winnings. Last year, we had some really funny stakes so it's sure to be an interesting football season.
  • Comfort food. Whenever the weather changes to fall-like temperatures, I start to crave comfort food. I want to make it and eat it and feed my loved ones. All I've gotta say is, BRING ON FALL.
  • All the brave men and women who lost their lives sixteen years ago on September 11th. I will never forget that for as long as I live. Although I'm not grateful for this tragedy happening, I'm am thankful that we remember the victims every year on the anniversary.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 92 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Lecy <3

    I have so many emotions on 9/11, too, as I think we all do, and like you said, out of the tragedy I'm grateful we honor the lives lost <3

    I'm craving all the fall foods, too...stews and soups and heart comfort eats :) I love this time of year.

    Hope you have a great week ahead, my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about those foods that bring such comfort to us, but give me all the soup! :) Have a great week, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the end of a cold front. This morning I was actually cold outside. High of 88 to us is perfect down here lol. And yes, Im thankful for coffee too! All the coffees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty snuggles always make me happy too. Cats are the best. They can be jerks too, but they know when we need them somehow and they are always willing to give us cuddles. I'm thankful for Irma weakening as well. And I never forget the brave men and women who lost lives on this day and also who helped save lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine what your cold front is... It was 49 here this morning. Haha! Give me all the caffeine today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things to be grateful for this week! :) Hope you have a great day, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been glued to the television, watching Irma...so I'm thankful for that downgrade too! And thankful for a glorious weekend away with my fam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same! I don't think I've watched the Weather Channel that much in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been watching the news coverage on Irma. This time of year is absolutely perfect for comfort food. I am so ready to start using my crockpot for a lot of new recipes. Today I am remembering 9/11. This day always makes me emotional. I am grateful for my family and that I live in the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, my crockpot gets so much use this time of the year! Hope you have a great week, Emily! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Comfort food is RIGHT. I've been eating lots of warm, cheesy things lately and I am one happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your grateful heart. :) Who is your fave NFL team?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing is better than kitty snuggles :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green Bay Packers! It's my family team (my aunt is from GB) and I've always loved the green and gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, kitty snuggles. How cute! I love snuggling with my dog!!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure kitty snuggles are like puppy snuggles, so... the best! 💙 I was so glad that Irma was downgraded before she hit land, too. With all the weather stuff going on, 9/11 kind of snuck up on me this year. It's always a sobering day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right about 9/11 sneaking up. Usually, network news is covering it non-stop the week before but I guess with the current political climate and all the storms, they've had other things on their plates. And I'd be happy with snuggles from a kitty or puppy. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotSeptember 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM

    My son and daughter-in-law just got a new kitten and for the first time I'm understanding the kitty snuggles! Their cat is very loving and it's so fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kittens are so fun! I bet they enjoy all the entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete