Thursday, October 05, 2017

Hello October | Goals

Tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life and reviewing how I did in September. Hello October | Goals - A Simpler Grace #goals



I'm getting off to a late start this month, but better late than never, yeah? September started off great then about halfway through, it quickly went downhill, so I decided to take a little breather. I did want to hop on and share my goals for the month because I wouldn't be me without a list of things I want to accomplish. Do you set goals on a monthly basis? 

My goals for September. Let's see how I did...
  • Workout five days a week Nope. I did a few days a week though.
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month For the most part, yes. I might have strayed during a family cookout but I don't remember any specific events.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar No. I was good until I decided to take a little break late in the month.
  • Read twenty books and complete my Ancient Classic & Greek Mythology list I read eighteen books but I didn't finish the Classic/Greek list because the one book I need to read is still on hold at the library. I'm next in line so this will be done in October.
  • Complete the September Bible-in-a-year section Yes!
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries I journaled I Corinthians 13 but didn't get around to a second passage.
  • Write four freelance articles and outline three others I finished one that needed to be submitted by the end of the month, but I didn't write any others. Womp womp.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative Yes. I did a lot of painting this month, both acrylic and watercolor and I'm super happy I completed this goal.
  • See my nephew play football and watch my niece cheer Yes!
  • Do two DIY/craft projects I've pinned on Pinterest Nope.
  • Complete one open course I finished up an American literature course I had been working on.
  • Guest post on one blog and pitch another I completed the first half - see my guest post on Coffee with Summer - but didn't get around to pitching another.
  • Launch my newsletter Yes! I switched over to a weekly format and I'm loving being able to add a more personal touch to my notes to subscribers. (You can still sign up!)
And my goals for October...
  • Workout five days a week
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month
  • Stick to my editorial calendar
  • Read twenty books
  • Complete the October Bible-in-a-year section
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries
  • Submit two freelance articles
  • Draft two freelance article ideas
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative
  • Complete two DIY/craft projects I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Complete one open course
  • Finish writing my children's book
  • Work on nailing a headstand
  • Outline my NaNoWriMo project
  • Plan a blogger cookie swap for the holidays
  • Write a letter to a soldier overseas
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello October | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

18 comments:

  1. You did pretty good on your September goals! And you have some great ones ahead in October. I'm very curious about this blogger cookie swap so I can't wait to hear more about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A children's book! Oh that is so wonderful!
    NANo....makes me sweat girl. I never partake in that but I give big kudos to those who do that. Whew.
    OMG can I take part in the cookie swap?! What does that involve? I LOVE COOKIES with all of my entire BEING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, 20 books! That is awesome! The only time Ive read double digits in a month, I was on bed rest and read the firs 15 Stephanie Plum books. LOL . And about this children's book, you are on fire! Are you sharing any details on it?! Its going to be a busy month for you but I bet you will kill it! I hope October is amazing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list of goals and I think you did a great job in September!! Clean eating and working out more are definitely on my list for this month, too. Proud of you for participating in NaNoWriMo! Also really like your goal of devoting time to creative endeavors each week... best of luck this month, my sweet!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite ambitious - I love it. Let me know about the cookie swap. I've found that even if there's a lot I didn't get to on my list, if I key on the things I did, it motivates me to tackle the rest next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The American literature course sounds interesting! Did you read anything you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh a blogger cookie swap sounds fun! I'm so ready to have another cookie swap party this December! I think you did well with your September goals - good luck with the October ones!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lauren! I'm excited about the cookie swap. I'm going to invite bloggers to share their favorite cookie recipes on their respective blogs in one big link up. It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The course was an actual college course on American literature. It was more about the foundations of literature and major themes than about specific written works. It was really interesting though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same way! In fact, that's often how I plan my to-do lists. I will probably share a post about the cookie swap in the group next week, so keep an eye out for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, sweet friend! NaNoWriMo is a lofty goal, but a friend and I are going to tackle it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I'm reading all the time so I can get through books quickly. The children's book is something that has been on my bucket list for years and I've scribbled down some starting notes so this month, I'm going to tackle it. Hope you have a great October, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. NaNoWriMo makes me sweat too! I coached/proofread/edited a friend's work last year and didn't get a chance to write my own content, but I want to tackle it this year. Yes! I'd love to have you join the cookie swap. I'm going to post in the group next week with more details, so be on the lookout for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to share a post in the group next week about the cookie swap, so look for that! The plan is, to have a group of bloggers share their favorite holiday cookie recipe on their blog on the same day and link up with each other. I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotOctober 6, 2017 at 6:26 AM

    First, can you believe it's already October!! September seemed to fly by. Your cookie swap is a great goal! How fun will that be?!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited about the cookie swap! I just posted about it in the group for anyone who might be interested in participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that is cool that you're doing NaNoWriMo next month... I've been doing NaBloPoMo for many years and I am planning to join a gain in November :) I always look forward to it.

    The cookie recipe swap is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I'll do that next year. I don't know that I can write a novel and blog every day at the same time. I posted in the group about the cookie swap and there's a link to sign up if you are interested in joining us!

    ReplyDelete