Monday, October 09, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 94

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Good morning, friends. If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, does it currently feel like fall where you are? The temperature here is about 15° warmer than it usually is around this time of the year. Is this the definition of an Indian Summer? I believe it is, although I hate that term.


Typically, this is one of the biggest weeks for fall foliage views in my area but right now, the trees are still predominantly green. I checked the long-range weather forecast with the Farmer's Almanac and we are supposed to see our first snow flurries in the middle of November, so I'm thinking we might have a super-short autumn. Hope not... Anyway, I was curious if this is the case across the country or if it was just the mid-Atlantic area experiencing the strange seasonal shift. Hope you have a great Monday regardless of what your weather might be doing!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A win for my team. The Packers won their game against the Cowboys yesterday and I'm super excited. I had a little wager on this game with a friend and I'll be happily collecting my winnings soon. :)
  • Saturday at the used bookstore. My brother and I took several boxes (yes, boxes) of books down to sell/trade and got a huge store credit in exchange. We usually spend about two or three hours in that place, perusing the shelves and leave with a stack of new reads to take home. This time around didn't disappoint. I found a few books I've been wanting to add to my collection and we are already planning another trip before the holidays.
  • A great meeting with a new doctor. I saw a new ophthalmologist last week and I. Loved. Him. I don't like going to the eye doctor because I don't like having my eyes dilated because it always gives me a migraine. Not only did this doctor know about my condition and the side effects, but he also put me at ease about a few things I was worried about. Win!
  • Muppet stories. One thing you need to know about me - I love the Muppets. I'm reading the biography of Jim Henson and I'm enjoying it so much. I'm learning so many things about how he created the Muppets (Kermit the Frog was made out of fabric from Henson's mother's peacoat and two halves of a ping pong ball) and I love hearing all the stories. 
  • Lazy, rainy Sundays. We haven't had rain for a few weeks here, so when I wake up on a Sunday to the sound of rain falling outside, I roll back up under my blanket and spend a lazy day there. No shame. 

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 94 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

25 comments:

  1. I love the Muppets, too! Kermit is my favorite. :) I'll have to check out that biography, it sounds interesting. And I'm with you on the Indian summer. Bleck. I need Fall back, dagnabbit. This summer then straight to winter thing is not going to work for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still feels like Summer here in New York. My friends in Canada can't believe the temperatures up there haven't dropped yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you loved the Muppets! So do I! I have been a huge fan since I was a child. I read Jim Henson's biography a few years ago and I really enjoyed it! What is your favorite movie? We had a lazy rainy Saturday and I agree, sometimes those days are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have definitely had a warmer fall so far but I am more than ready for the cooler temps. For now, I'm just soaking up those cooler mornings. The foliage is absolutely stunning though so I'm just LOVING walks outside or driving down the highway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same. I'm really going to be disappointed if we don't have a nice fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I love The Muppets too! Haha what a fun fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it changes over soon. I really need a nice fall this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG yes! I love Muppets Take Manhattan and Fraggle Rock and Labyrinth. I did puppeteering when I was a teenager in my church and it's so much harder than it looks. Henson is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The leaves are just beginning to change here, so I'm sure I'll feel a little better once I see all the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Sunday was so very rainy over here. Fortunately, I was fasting so I didn't want to be out and about, running around anyway!

    <3 happy Monday to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it's nice to have a rainy day in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know you loved The Muppets so much. Sounds like a great book. I'm a big fan of the Peanuts myself. :) I do love rainy days - I had one of those yesterday, though it did damper an outing I had, but overall, it was a nice, relaxing day.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post this is :) it’s been unseasonably warm in New Jersey too—high on near 80 degrees today. I don’t like it! I want to bust out my pea coat and sip of cider! Lol

    Oh, I’m a HUGE Jim Henson fan <3 there really isn’t anything quite like the muppets—so much magic for kiddos and it was SMART!

    Also I love a good bookstore. I passed a book sale over the weekend and I wanted to explore but the company I was with wasn’t as excited about it as I was. Le sigh :)

    Xoxo and beautiful week, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Muppets too! I grew up watching The Muppet Babies on Saturday mornings! I am thankful for infant Tylenol today. My Sweet Bow is sick and miserable and Tylenol is the only way he is getting sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peanuts are cool too! Rainy days are nice but not when they spoil plans outdoors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I love cider and have had a hankering for some mulled cider but it's only nice to drink when it's warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I loved the muppet babies! They were a little beyond my time but I remember watching them with my younger brothers and sisters and even some of the kids I babysat as a teenager. I'm so sorry to hear your little man isn't feeling well. Hope he is better soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. The weather has been a lot warmer here too. Are you in Wisconsin too? I saw that you're a Packer fan, and I'm in the Milwaukee area. Anyways, a rainy day curled up in a blanket on the couch sounds wonderful. We're in need of some rain here. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lazy, rainy Sundays are the best! I love used bookstores. I haven't visited my local used bookstore in a while and you just reminded me that I should go soon. I'm so glad that you found a new doctor that you like. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm actually in the Washington DC area but the Packers have been my family team since I was a kid. My aunt is from Green Bay and instilled a love for the Pack early on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My used bookstore is my happy place. I love collecting books but hate paying full retail price for them. Plus, you can find some collector's editions on those shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love the Muppets, too, but didn't know much about their history... guess I have to read Jim Henson's biography. That is so interesting.

    Yay for finding (and liking!) your new doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, that biography gives so much info on the Muppets. :)

    ReplyDelete