Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Hello November | Goals

Tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life for November. #goals



Does anyone else have a candy hangover this morning? I only had one trick-or-treater and am now stuck with a basket full of candy I don't even enjoy. I did eat two or three of the mini Twizzlers, mainly out of boredom, but they don't taste as good as they used to when I was a kid. Why is that?


Anyway, hello November! This month, I'm keeping my goals pretty light because I'm attempting NaNoWriMo and I want to put all my effort into it. After taking a look at last month's goals, I decided it was pointless to add on a lot of the extra creative stuff when I should focus on writing, so that's why the list is short. Have you ever participated in National Novel Writing Month?

My goals for October. Let's see how I did...
  • Workout five days a week No. I think I knocked off one day with a full workout. I did little things here and there like calf raises on the stairs while I was waiting for water to boil, but nothing that can count for this goal.
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month Yes, until the Twizzlers I had last night. :)
  • Stick to my editorial calendar No. There were a few days I was feeling under the weather and decided to stay off the blog.
  • Read twenty books This is one goal I can say I smashed. I was determined to catch up on all the books I needed to read and review for publishers before I started NaNoWriMo and I did it. I read TWENTY-EIGHT books in October. Thank goodness for Dewey's 24-hour readathon and the extra day we had this month!
  • Complete the October Bible-in-a-year section Done!
  • Complete two Bible journaling entries Not a chance.
  • Submit two freelance articles Nope.
  • Draft two freelance article ideas I did some drafting. I don't know if it equates to two full articles, but maybe close.
  • Devote one hour a week to something creative No.
  • Complete two DIY/craft projects I've pinned on Pinterest Obviously, no.
  • Complete one open course Yes. I finished an advanced essay workshop.
  • Finish writing my children's book I got a lot of work done on this, but the project is not complete. I might work on finishing this in December.
  • Work on nailing a headstand No closer to the headstand that I was in September.
  • Outline my NaNoWriMo project Yes, I have a basic outline set. I am so excited about this month!
  • Plan a blogger cookie swap for the holidays Yes! The swap is in the works. Check back later in the month for more details. 
  • Write a letter to a soldier overseas Not yet, but this is something I will be doing soon.
And my goals for November...
  • Workout every day this month
  • Eat clean and gluten-free every day this month (I'm giving myself a freebie day on Thanksgiving, which is also my birthday)
  • Stick to my editorial calendar
  • Read twenty books
  • Complete the November Bible-in-a-year section
  • Conquer NaNoWriMo!
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello November | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

15 comments:

  1. Goodluck on NaNoWriMo! The thought of it stresses me out but one year I am going to do it, I think the one thing that holds me back is trying to figure out a story. But congrats on reading 28 books! That is a serious accomplishment.

    Kylie <3 | livingwhimsicaldreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that is amazing you are participating in NaNoWriMo—I wish you the best of luck and can’t wait to hear how everything goes!!

    Also I love that you’ll be writing to a soldier overseas <3 what a lovely idea. You make the world a better place, momma—you really do :)

    Also 28 books?! Go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite candy hangover over here. In a really yucky way. Turns out you can't live sugarfree/low carb and then suddenly think you're gonna be fine if you pop back a few Reeses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Thanksgiving birthdays! Mine is on the 25th, so Saturday, but it often falls on Thanksgiving so I totally know how that goes! And candy hangover is real. We didn't have many trick or treaters either. I may need to bring the candy to work. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a few small snickers, but we don't really get trick or treaters so we didn't have much, and we gave more than one candy for those that DID show up. I'm not officially doing NaNoWriMo, but I do really want to get back into working on my WIP. It's been forever and publishing a book is a lifetime goal of mine, so I need to get back into the swing of things. Good luck with your writing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kylie! Coming up with a story is a scary thought, but I recently heard someone say that the story is already inside you - you just need to sit down and write it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Charlotte! I'm excited about the writing and also terrified at the same time!

    Writing to a soldier(s) is one of the things on my bucket list. My family used to do letters and care packages to the guys in my brother-in-law's troop when he was active duty Air Force and deployed overseas. I know it means a lot to them to get mail and hear how much they are appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I had been sugar-free for three weeks and had two or three pieces and had the worst headache today. I learned my lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost birthday twins! I used to hate having a birthday on Thanksgiving when I was a kid because I could never have my friends over for parties. Usually, they were traveling or with family for the holiday. I don't mind it so much now. Also, I think it's a great idea to pass that candy off to coworkers. I know I would do nothing but eat it and I would regret it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should work on writing again! I love NaNoWriMo because even if you don't do the daily word count goal, doing ANY writing is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you mentioned you ate clean... until you had the Twizzlers. LOL! Too cute and funny.
    I always like your goals, nothing too complex or that weighs you down, it's simple and straightforward. and that right there is how you knock down those goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Well, I am proud of myself for choosing Twizzlers (low calories) instead of the full-size Snickers bar I really wanted. We all have to make sacrifices... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your goal lists... I love goals that are extendable and expandable :)

    I'd say cleaning eating was definitely a success if you held out for the Twizzlers until Halloween. I mean, how can you NOT have candy on Halloween? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! Yes, I'm giving myself credit in spite of the Twizzlers. :)

    ReplyDelete