Monday, November 06, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 97

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Autumn came in with a bluster this week. It is cold and rainy and the leaves are falling from the trees - some, still green. I'm definitely excited about the cooler weather. I've been waiting (not so patiently) to wear jeans and sweaters and the time has finally come. I'm brewing a cup of tea as I write this and then I'm jumping into what will be a hectic week. I hope you all have a great Monday!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Something to look forward to after something I'm dreading. It's all about silver linings, yeah?
  • One of my favorite movies - that is NEVER on tv - on tv just when I need it. It's called Catch and Release and, in my humble opinion, it's way underrated. 
  • The NaNoWriMo community. I am amazed at how encouraging and supportive these people are. Everyone cheers each other on and if a tenth of these people publish novels, there will be some amazing authors on the horizon.
  • Music that makes you sigh. You know the stuff... You can kick back with a glass of wine and just relax while listening to it. This type of music is the soundtrack to my life lately.
  • Mexican food. I indulged this weekend and it was such a treat. When everything else in life is gloomy, a burrito will always cheer me up.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 97 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you, when you have something to look forward to after something less pleasant, it makes the less pleasant thing not quite as bad. I hope you get to the good part quickly! And yes, Mexican food is THE BEST. Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhh I haven't seen that one! But now I need to :) Today I am grateful for the slower pace that fall brings. The holidays are chaotic, but somehow when things get crazy, I mellow. Im backwards like that. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have something to look forward after something unpleasant, it makes a huge difference.
    I miss NaNoWriMo - I'm not doing it this year but I enjoyed it when I used to take part.
    Don't you just love it when a movie you want to re-watch is on tv :)
    Today I'm grateful that a relaxing evening is about to start and I've had some hot chocolate just to kick it off.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something to look forward to after something that you're dreading sometimes makes it a bit easier. I love when some of my favorite movies that are never on TV airs. Catch and Release sounds like a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to do NaNoWriMo one of these years. I haven't but I always tell myself I will sometime. This week I am super grateful for the fun and relaxing weekend with a lot of time with the boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like that movie, I want to see it. Your recommendation carries weight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I remember Catch and Release. I saw that at least two times in theaters- maybe three. LOL It's a good one though; that's awesome you caught it on TV.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catch and Release is a great movie! Haven't thought about that in years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I hope I get the good part soon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a good movie and it stars Jennifer Garner, one of my faves. I agree with you. The holidays do seem to bring a slower pace and I think it's because the kids don't have as many extracurricular activities that they do in the summer and early school year. I'm looking forward to a slower winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. NaNoWriMo is such a fun challenge. I'm thinking about stretching it out and making a daily writing word count goal as part of my regular routine. It probably won't be as high as NaNo's count, but even if I write a couple hundred words a day, it's something...
    There is nothing better than relaxing with some hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true! I'm definitely looking forward to the positive. It is a really good movie, if you are into romantic comedies. This one isn't really sappy like some can be, but the story is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice to have a relaxing weekend with someone special. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoy the movie. It has a great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, and I DVRed it so I could watch it over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that one! It's such a good story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Catch and Release, I haven't seen that in ages. Thanks for the reminder! Also: Mexican food. Always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm Mexican food is my absolute favorite!!
    I'm gonna have to check out that movie, I don't believe I've seen it or if I have, my memory is drawing a blank.
    That aerial photo of fall is GORGEOUS. Must've been taken by a drone I would think. :)
    Hope your week has been good my dear. xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Mexican food! I think you're right about that photo being taken by drone. It is a gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete